Big Problem - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-26-2011, 04:53 AM   #1
Jonathanvega21810
Big Problem

So I don't know if this is the proper place to put this thread, but because it involves my BP's I assumed it does belong here.

So I have 8 beautiful baby BP's and all but 2 have made the switch from Live to F/T. I've tried all the tricks in the book and nothing works for these little girls. They both haven't had a meal in 2 weeks and its starting to worry me a lot. The major problem here is that I live in NYC and there are currently NO Rat Breeders I know of in the city. I found a guy who has sold me some a couple times that lives about an hour and a half away from the city. Ontop of that I have to pay toll going both ways. I was wondering if any of you NJ or NY residents breeds rats or knows of anyone who does. It would be greatly appreciated!

If you can please TEXT me at 718-637-3905

Old 12-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
john33
Dealing with balls will eventually teach us patients. Really tho it's only been two weeks, if it were two months be concerned. I know we want them to grow but maybe there just not hungry yet. Give it another week or two bud.

Old 12-26-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
Jonathanvega21810
Thanks for your post, but I have no concern for them not growing up them up quickly. I just really want these girls to take in meals because they are starting to look very slender and weak.

Old 12-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #4
Randy F
feed them mice if they will take them until you get a constant supply of rats. Try ordering from rodent pro and switching to f/t. You can heat them up to get a good heat signature on them and may find that more helpful in switching them.

Old 12-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #5
GREGORY J HALL
babies? try mice? two weeks is not a long time a month maybe but not a week,gotta be a pet store in NYC that sells mice feeders?

Old 12-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #6
Jonathanvega21810
True, but the mice in the pet stores are way to large. The past 4 pet stores I've gone to only have adult sized mice..

Old 12-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #7
FireStorm
My hatchlings usually get adult mice after their second feeding or so...they can eat bigger prey than you might think.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:06 PM   #8
Jonathanvega21810
I would love to feed them adult sized but they look very weak. I'll try tomorrow morning, if that fails I'll just drive out to the rat supplier and get sOme rats, the life of these animals is more important than the amount of gas in my tank.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #9
FireStorm
How many meals and what kind have they had?

Old 12-26-2011, 10:24 PM   #10
Jonathanvega21810
The two that Haven't eaten are a yellow belly and an Ivory
The YB has only had 1 meal and that was about 2 weeks ago and it was a rat slightly larger than a pinkie but with fur. Not the size of the pup though.
The Ivory on the other hand has not eaten since I got her and I picked her up at a show about 2 1/2 weeks ago. The seller at Outback Reptiles said she just shed so I'm guessing she's either never had a meal or has only had one which I don't know of.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!