Ignorant People SUCK!! Poor Iguana Suffering! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
chamgirl99471
Ignorant People SUCK!! Poor Iguana Suffering!

OK.. so I was browsing Craigslist in my area looking for cages when I came across an add saying Iguana Needs Home. I open it up and they have a foot and a half long iguana that needs a new home. I E-mail them and their response was... "We were driving down the road and found a 10 gallon aquarium sitting on the side of the road. When we stopped to pick up the tank.. this baby iguana was in it!! WHAT?!?!? I can't believe how ignorant some people can be... This tank was left on the side of the road on one of the coldest nights here in Florida and the poor iguana (which I now have) was still alive! This poor thing is skin and bones and extremely nervous. It can't be more then 5 or 6 months old... it's got it's full tail and all toes are intact but the poor thing was extremely lethargic and skinny. I don't see any signs of MBD yet but it's hard to tell until he/she starts to gain some weight back. As soon as I put it in it's new enclosure it went right to the Collard Greens and Mixed Veggies and started chowing down.. got a drink of water and is not basking under it's brand new UVB bulb! Hopefully it will be fine and regain it's health and become a beloved pet for us.

I just can't stand some people... they need to be locked in a cage and dropped off on the side of the road overnight and see how they like it
I'll get some pictures of it up sometime in the near future... I'm going to get some now and later pictures and keep track of the poor thing's progress!

Just had to vent.. sorry it's so long

Old 01-30-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
SamanthaJane13
Thank you for rescuing this precious little creature!!

Good things come to those who love the very least of God's little ones!!

Old 01-30-2011, 10:06 PM   #3
Lucille
I'm glad the ig has a GREAT home with you. The owners may be fibbing, however. Sometimes on cl, owners make up stories of finding animals to cover their own abuse and neglect.
In any case, it has a good home now.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:44 AM   #4
chamgirl99471
Lucille.. I thought about that too and I'm glad he/she's here now.. at least it won't go through anymore suffering... I'm going to be taking it to the Vet at UF next week just to check the poor thing out I just feel so sorry for these creatures that people get as a novelty item and don't know how to care for them and then just dump them!

I will be updating in the Iguana thread and took some pictures but my computer isn't compatible with my camera so I have to take them to CVS and get a CD done. Seems a bit nervous but not aggressive in the slightest

Old 02-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
chamgirl99471
Just an update on the baby... Had our vet visit and he/she received a Clean Bill Of Health Yeah... Just underfed and malnourished so it's just a matter of patience and time for the baby to get back it's strength and be Normal I was so happy to hear that there are no signs of MBD and it just needs some good food and lots of attention. Actually.. it's a very sweet little iggy... nervous at first but then calms down and lets me rub around it's head and neck area. Will post pictures soon. Has some really pretty Blue coloration around the head so it will be very pretty when it gets older

I'm going to be rescuing another that someone doesn't have time for very soon as well so this one will have some companionship! I just feel so sorry for these poor critters that people get then get tired of.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:49 PM   #6
chamgirl99471
Here are the pictures of the iggy the day I picked him up Makes me sick just looking at these!
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2011, 01:32 AM   #7
SamanthaJane13
Poor baby!!

She's lucky to be with you!!

Old 03-20-2011, 12:53 AM   #8
SapphireGemReptiles
poor baby

Old 03-20-2011, 01:31 AM   #9
Iguanagirl8662
Aww that poor thing. The worst part is the majority of Igs I've seen look like that or worse and people can still look at me and tell me they are healthy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!