What Morph of Cal. King is This? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-22-2011, 10:02 PM   #1
scaledverts
What Morph of Cal. King is This?

Hey,

A friend of mine hatched out this guy last year and I got it because it looks really odd. What do you guys think it is? I have been looking at various morphs and have yet to figure out what this one is. The darker areas are kind of a bluish gray. Not brown like I have seen in other cal king morphs.

Here are some pics:

Thanks,

Old 03-22-2011, 10:23 PM   #2
Utta
looks like a blue eyed blond to me, but im certainly no expert.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:52 PM   #3
scaledverts
Thanks Tyler. I thought that morph also but it just doesn't look quite right to me. Although it is hard to find pics of baby blue eyed blond snakes. The odd thing if it is that morph is that the is the only one he produced out of a good sized clutch.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:58 AM   #4
RossCA
Its not a blue eyed blond. It has a Newport pattern that's kind of tweaked from selective breeding. It also looks like its been mixed with a desert phase to get that whitish color. Newports are coastal yellow and brown, your snake does not have coastal colors. It might possibly be hypo but I'm not too shure about that. Its a very nice looking king. Some people would call it a high white.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #5
D. Mong
Quote:
Originally Posted by RossCA View Post
Its not a blue eyed blond. It has a Newport pattern that's kind of tweaked from selective breeding. It also looks like its been mixed with a desert phase to get that whitish color. Newports are coastal yellow and brown, your snake does not have coastal colors. It might possibly be hypo but I'm not too shure about that. Its a very nice looking king. Some people would call it a high white.
Yep, very accurately stated there Ross!

~Doug

Old 08-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #6
RossCA
Thanks, Doug. I can't believe I spelled "sure" wrong.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!