Bad Guy Not happy with Tom Carlton at Cypress Creek Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
huamanL
Not happy with Tom Carlton at Cypress Creek Reptiles

My name is Luis A Huaman and I ordered a Male Pied from Tom Carlton from Cypress Creek Reptiles. He said he sent it next day air and when I went to track shipment it said 2nd day air. I have attached his email to me saying I will get it Thursday by 10:30. Attached is proof he did not use next day air and he also happened to ship it without any live animal labels inside or out. He even crossed out Perishable on the outside. This is a violation of the Lacy Act as well. And he also shipped it in a sock LOL...

I emailed him asking for a refund for shipping and also expressed that I was not happy and will be posting this info. He gave me some line saying it was Fed Ex and when they reimburse him he will refund shipping. I do not think Fed Ex will do that since he clearly wrote 2nd day air on the label. I think he just wanted to save some money.

This is my first time posting anything like this so please let me know if I missed anything. My Co-worker Anthony Canzonieri can help out with anything I missed also as he was involved with the email.

The snake arrived alive but cold and is warming up now.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
canzoman
This is what I got when I emailed him about it.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
morph evolution
anthony cant see the second post do you have a bigger shot of it?

Old 04-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #4
canzoman
Sorry try this. At this point we would just be happy with a shipping refund.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
morph evolution
its pretty self explainitory but have you contacted tom on this thread?

Old 04-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #6
canzoman
We have. Just don't want this to happen to other people.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #7
dumje
1.) I dont see anything wrong with the sock. It serves the same purpose.

2.) The is a big difference in shipping 2nd day and next day...so money is owed regardless of who made the mistake.

3.) If you dont have employees that know what they are doing shipping wise you need to goto FEDEX yourself...they represent you and obviously do not represent you well.

4.) I do agree the snake is alive and everything seems ok...thats great just fix it with your customer and I would 100% agree..alls well that ends well.

In the end I dont think this is a major issue and can easily be fixed and the story about the employee may in fact be true...I would reprimand the employee to make sure that doesnt happen again.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #8
canzoman
Ok but would you want to buy from someone who talks to customers like that?

Old 04-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #9
bloodybaroness
No snake should EVER be shipped 2 day service!

I do not buy Tom's story about the employee at the counter checking the box. If Tom himself, as he claims in his own words, filled out the label, the shipping info should have been checked when he did everything else.

You have every right to be upset about two day shipping, and deserve a refund for the difference in cost.

The sock is not a huge deal, I sometimes use small pillow cases or socks myself. They work great as bags for smaller snakes.

I hope the little guy warms up and does okay for you.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #10
ThunderPaws
Isn't Tom the same guy that has been going out of business for the last five years? It reminded me of another guy that use to get posted here. I look forward in hearing Tom's explanation of why he would ship a BP 2 day FedEx.

Thanks for posting. That sucks and I hope you get taken care of.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!