4 x fire belly (Cynops) newts for sale - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Amphibians

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 05:36 PM   #1
andiskimo
4 x fire belly (Cynops) newts for sale

I have four fire bellied (Cynops) newts for sale.

I'm not sure if they're Japanese or Chinese species. The one female seems to be swollen with eggs at the moment. The two males are very healthy and probably around three years old. I also have one that appears to be a recent morph. The female got her front leg bitten off by a frog in the tank a few weeks ago. It appears to be growing back.

I would definitely prefer to sell them all as a group. I'm hoping to get $35 each for them.

I prefer to sell these to someone in California, although I understand it may be legal to ship from state to state fairly soon.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 04-21-2017, 06:06 PM   #2
ReptiCond
I live in Wisconsin and would buy them if you would ship

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Old 04-24-2017, 04:24 AM   #3
jimmyn2727
Hey, would you do $10 each? $35 for firebelly newts is quite a lot even with the ban...
Let me know, jimmyn2727@yahoo.com

Old 04-24-2017, 11:25 AM   #4
andiskimo
I would do $25 each plus shipping only if you buy all 4. I don't see anyone selling these any more, and $10 is cheaper than they were before the ban....so $10 makes no sense. It seems most newts I've seen sold on this site in the last year, and on Caudata (I check often), are selling for $30-$70 each....and we won't be able to import more for a long time. Give me evidence to the contrary and I'd reconsider.
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-24-2017, 05:50 PM   #5
amphibi
These newts are the lowest priced newts and once were less than $10,even as low as $5each.The newts you see priced $30 to $70 are the European newts.I don't see these newts going for more than $15 each but that's just my opinion.Alot of the newts you see priced on caudate.org are still over priced.These look like the Chinese species.

Old 04-24-2017, 05:57 PM   #6
jimmyn2727
They were $3 for 1 chinese fire belly newt at my local store about a year and a half ago. Of course I don't have pictures to prove it but it's true... Honestly for fire bellies, I would pay max $10 each... These prices are insane...

Old 04-24-2017, 06:16 PM   #7
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyn2727 View Post
These prices are insane...
If these newts are not priced right for you, feel free to look elsewhere. The seller is welcome to list his animals for any amount he desires.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:15 PM   #8
andiskimo
A year and a half ago it was not yet Illegal to import Chinese newts. Now it is illegal. Supply and demand. I will gladly make my price more competitive if I see cheap firebellies back on the market. These days they're as rare as a European newt, and that's unlikely to change.
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-24-2017, 11:09 PM   #9
JaimeLannister
Very few people are breeding Hypselotriton orientalis here in the states. They usually require a tricky terrestrial land phase that makes it time-consuming to grow them out to be aquatic again and to the size most people want to see when they buy a newt. That is a perfectly reasonably price for what the market is.

Those 5.99 firebellies you saw were wild-caught, imported animals that mostly likely were sick before they even got into the USA; let alone that pet store; and were most likely kept too hot, with incompatible animals; and usually slowly starved on people when they got them home because the stress they were put under was too great for them to recover.

I hope you find a proper home for these who will breed more of them. Other then Cynops cyranus; most Asian newts are going to be more rare as time goes on.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:12 PM   #10
amphibi
Are these captive bred?The seller doesn't say and keeps them with frogs!Newts should never be kept with frogs.The seller also says one of the females legs got bitten off by a frog in the same tank.This is not the way newts should be kept!It is legal to ship from state to state in 49 states now.Please do some research before keeping Amphibians next time as you didn't even know what kind of newts you have and to keep newts with newts of the same kind.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread