Marcus@Todo Fina Constrictors - W/C HOG ISLAND BOAS!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-15-2005, 11:28 PM   #1
beastie
Marcus@Todo Fina Constrictors - W/C HOG ISLAND BOAS!!!

Okay, who thinks there's something wrong with this ad...

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=8&de=291387

raise your hand?!

(i have no idea who this person is, there's no personal issues what-so-ever, it's just that this ad makes me question everything that i thought was "common knowledge"... )

bc

Old 02-15-2005, 11:41 PM   #2
ms_terese
Hmmmm....he might be confused rather than dishonest. Maybe someone can email him and ask for clarification?

Old 02-15-2005, 11:42 PM   #3
AF Exotics
Talking Marcus Quesada

Nothing wrong with inquiring.I dont even know who I am sometimes(LOL).It is what it says,I know hard to believe.Quick rundown,Less than 100 of these guys came out.An unnamed importer brought them in under a legal cites permit for Boa Constrictor.There is no sub-species designation yet for Hog Island(should be one,just my humble opinion).They are here,I am not the only person selling them.There are a few well known retail outfits selling them.This is a rare event.You are entitled to your opinion,hope I have helped in some way.[u]Marcus Quesada@Todo Fina Constrictors

Old 02-15-2005, 11:47 PM   #4
AF Exotics
Wink Marcus@Todo Fina Constrictors

Terese,complex,maybe,confused,nope.Check with Glades Herp,and a few others have them.Not everybody is admitting it .Check around.Take Care,MARCUS

Old 02-16-2005, 12:55 AM   #5
Chris@TSE
I heard something similar not too long ago, he may be right.......

Old 02-16-2005, 01:29 AM   #6
robin d.
true epople are offering them for sale BUT... under honduran law they are not allowing the exportation of them and they are protected by law. they are not a sub species but are in insular form protected by the honduran government the cayos los cochinos consists of 9 (or 10 i believe) lil bitty islands
so
a) its a wild caught with inproper paperwork
b) cb being passed of as WC
d) wc and obtained by illegal or other avenues
or
d) wc and has proper doumentayion and CITIES paper work blah blah

if i was to buy one i would sure want the CITIES paperwork straight in my hands. i would in no way want to have my entire collection taken or even one animal taken away for the possible illegal pocession... not to mention the fines and penalties

Old 02-16-2005, 01:48 AM   #7
Chris@TSE
amen!

Old 02-16-2005, 01:57 AM   #8
AF Exotics
Robin S

I would like to respond to your post.There is some truth to your post.I never said that Hog Islands were a subspecies.I beleive that there should be taxonomic review to see if there are systemic or morphological differences to warrant species elevation beyond generic Boa Constrictor Imperator status.My opinion,albeit humble,and from a non-scientific perspective,believes there should be a change.The HOG ISLANDS are two islands,the rest are the Bahia Islands or "Bay Islands".The original permits granted in the early 80s were completely abused.Nobody taking any of those boas from anybodys home that Ive ever heard of,as far as your mention to your house being raided.I would rather see these animals in the hands of some very ethical breeders,dedicated to the proper care and propagation,than watch them sent overseas and suffer through more transit horrors.THEY ARE HERE,PLAIN AND SIMPLE.We will not see this again.I agree with some of your concerns.Good Day,[u]Marcus Quesada

Old 02-16-2005, 02:14 AM   #9
AF Exotics
W/C Hog Island boas

Just a little more for you digestive tracts.The importer/exporter is a well respected person in this industry,and before I posted on kingsnake,several WELL RESPECTED locality specific breeders were contacted and purchased the lions share of what I had.No reason to drop names.They saw what I saw,intrinsic value because these are PURE UNTAINTED INSULAR BOAS that offer a fresh infusion of healthy genetic variance to the existing bloodlines out there.The last pairs were for the general public. Marcus Q

Old 02-16-2005, 03:24 AM   #10
robin d.
it consists of two main islands and 9 smaller islands (some say a couple of more other say 1 or 2 less)

these islands are protected
Quote:
The original permits granted in the early 80s were completely abused.Nobody taking any of those boas from anybodys home that Ive ever heard of,as far as your mention to your house being raided.
maybe so but i believe the year was 84 when the exporation of the hogg island boas ceased andthe islands became protected....... and to currect i do not believe they are exporting any, at least as of 2004 IF they are and its a protected animal.. no matter b.c. imperetor or not there is certain documentation you must have along with CITIES paperwork.
Trust me, if you do not think USFW will raid you for non documented animals you are foolish. I would suggest whomever you bought them from provide you with such paper work, and if they can't i would want my money back and send them the animals back. i wouldn't want ANY undocumented animals in my collection and you are right out there in the public eye advertising them.
HEY USFW look at me i have WC hog island boas.
personally, those are just something i would stay far far away from unless proper doumentation can be provided, plus you in turn would need to give any customers that buy from you copies of said paperwork

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!