Orange Alligator? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
ForkedTung
Orange Alligator?

Dyed by some idiot or possibly a Hypo?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...or.wwsb?hpt=C2

Old 01-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #2
Balls Deep Reptiles
Don't know what that is but he is pretty cool. Since the residents can fish I wonder if they are allowed to catch alligators? He has gotta be worth a fortune!

Old 01-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #3
durissus
Orange alligator?

Probably a hypo, or as the biologist said, an albino that turned more orange than whitish. (Think albino burmese that have a pattern of white and yellow.) Looks too big for someone to actually grab it and paint it, or whatever.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:26 PM   #4
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by durissus View Post
Probably a hypo, or as the biologist said, an albino that turned more orange than whitish. (Think albino burmese that have a pattern of white and yellow.) Looks too big for someone to actually grab it and paint it, or whatever.
Actually I think that would be how you would explain the hypo gene to someone that has no clue.

BTW) That's what I think it is as well.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
Jadenkisses
Whoa- that's awesome!
Thanks for posting this!!

Old 01-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #6
LauraB
How beautiful! I just hope he (or she) does not end up at the wrong end of a gun.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #7
snowgyre
Doesn't look like an albino, there's normal pigment in the tail and on top of the head. It looks like orange mud, really. Until there's more photos, I'm not sure this is a true color morph.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:20 AM   #8
th3jok3r
watch out for someone selling an orange gator on fauna XD

Old 01-07-2011, 06:44 AM   #9
wcreptiles
Uploaded picture just in case articles go away. Looks like an external coating of some kind (iron oxide in the soil perhaps) in this picture, remember the white alligator cause by living in/around an artesian well.
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2011, 12:41 PM   #10
Abby
Yea, it looks like orange mud to me as you can see he has a bit of a dusty appearance and his true color is showing from underneath. Here's another picture. It would be cool if it was a new color morph but I don't think it is
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!