Florida Fish and Wildlife - good guy report - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-06-2004, 04:19 AM   #1
snakegetters
Florida Fish and Wildlife - good guy report

http://www.local6.com/news/3895306/detail.html

Florida FWC isn't perfect, but sometimes you gotta love'em. Thumbs up to the investigating officers who gave this killer a little bit of what he deserved. Personally I'd have given him his knife back in an uncomfortable place.

I was also pleased to hear that FWC tracked down a yahoo who was bragging on the Net about killing "copperheads" in Central Florida (where there are no copperheads) and noose-snaring indigo snakes. All that fellow got was a good scare, but at least now he knows that the wildlife guys are watching and that FWC does care about snake abuse. Kudos to Lieutenant Rick Brown (Rick.Brown@fwc.state.fl.us) for that piece of work.

Yeah, I know that some people have legitimate "bad guy" complaints about the way they were treated by FWC or other wildlife officers. But I think that they are accomplishing some "good guy" stuff too, and that deserves to be recognized and appreciated.

Old 11-06-2004, 10:22 AM   #2
PristinePythons
very true tanith

I've never ran into a problem with FWC. Infact I run into them often when out herping! They do a good job and deserve respect!

Old 11-06-2004, 01:03 PM   #3
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Florida FWC do their job and the they do it very well so far with what I have witnessed first hand. I am friends with Rick as well as he is the inspector for my area and he inspects my place as well as my tables at local shows. He as well as all the other FWC Officers I have dealt with have been great. I am glad to see they are getting the bad guys!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!