Non Traditional Rooms - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:29 AM   #1
Lucille
Non Traditional Rooms

I finally moved the dining table and chairs out and am using the area for a couple bird cages. I'm on a War Against Clutter and the dining table was rarely used for large sit down traditional meals now that the kids are grown.
I think our homes should reflect who we are rather than having the exact same furnishings as everyone else on the block.
My son who is temporarily living with me snapped up the table and has it in his room with his large collection of electronic doodads on it (mostly computer stuff).
What about you, are any of your rooms non traditional?

Old 10-03-2010, 07:39 AM   #2
crissabella
One of my other interests, besides snakes, is Middle Eastern themed paintings and weaponry, swords, daggers, etc. I also love anything to do with the big cats, and i have decorative plates and small statues of Tigers, and a Leopard on the wooden ceiling beam in that room as well.

Most of the middle eastern items came from my dad, who doesn't have a lot of room at their place, and he was losing interest in them, so he gave them to me, so that room would definitely reflect me as a person, and what i'm interested in.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:59 AM   #3
DAND
Hell, what is traditional? I have used every single room in my house as a quarantine room at some point. My dining room is one of my critter rooms. On the flip side, I have my coffee pot in my bedroom instead of in the kitchen.

Old 10-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
AK907
Nothing special. The living room used to be our display room for all our critters. Now its our rat room/music room and we have a whole separate room for our reptiles. The only thing non traditional is we have black walls with dark purple trim in the living room, dark purple bedroom and black reptile room. We also collect gothic and halloween themed stuff.

Old 10-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #5
garweft
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK907 View Post
Nothing special. The living room used to be our display room for all our critters. Now its our rat room/music room and we have a whole separate room for our reptiles. The only thing non traditional is we have black walls with dark purple trim in the living room, dark purple bedroom and black reptile room. We also collect gothic and halloween themed stuff.
Weirdo......

Old 10-03-2010, 03:35 PM   #6
AK907
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
Weirdo......
What is wrong with black and purple walls? I think it looks neat. What is weird is our 60's orange fake marble veneer counter tops in the kitchen. I kinda like them too, actually...

Old 10-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #7
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
Weirdo......
It's not like he dresses up those fake geese.

Oh crap, that's gonna cost me.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:51 PM   #8
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
It's not like he dresses up those fake geese.

Honeychile, you are in BIG trouble!!!!

Old 10-03-2010, 04:55 PM   #9
crissabella
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Honeychile, you are in BIG trouble!!!!
Dave, i hope you have your running shoes on

Old 10-04-2010, 03:15 AM   #10
AK907
Dressing up fake geese? I'm curious, but... Nevermind, I don't wanna know...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!