The Wall, My thoughts - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-27-2017, 04:48 PM   #1
JColt
The Wall, My thoughts

An expensive wall that will need expensive upkeep is not the way to go. Not to mention they can fly over, tunnel under, come in legal and let expire and I'm sure by sturdy hand made ladders. Also what happens to animals that migrate between Texas and Mexico yearly? A wall is Symbolic only.

Right now minimum penalty imposed by the DOJ for the unlawful employment of immigrants is $539, while the maximum fine is $4,313. How about if you charged a company a large % of the previous years tax return per illegal found working. Double that % if caught a second time. 3rd time automatic jail time.

Doesn't matter if your a small farmer or large rancher or corporate construction company. After a few get nailed big time word will get out that if your illegal don't bother coming. There will be no work.

Make it a federal law. Make the Americans who hire illegal the ones to pay. If there is a shortage of workers and these companies want bodies they can help these people get proper documentation to work.

No freebies. If you come here with a green card you have to be self sufficient.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:32 PM   #2
WebSlave
I agree with you, but honestly I'm thinking Trump has a few cards up his sleeve in claiming he is going to get Mexico to pay for that wall. All of a sudden he has given the government of Mexico a financial stake in securing their own borders against migration into the USA. Trump is likely a shrewd negotiator, and perhaps his real goal is not what he says he wants at the opening proposal. Mexico might figure out that they can actually build a wall cheaper than US workers can. Even if it is only a figurative wall instead of an actual one.

Let's face it, if Trump gets high tariffs placed on goods coming out of Mexico into the USA, Mexico is going to suffer from such a move. And they certainly must know that Trump is holding that club in his hands.

So what would cost Mexico less? Strictly enforcing their own side of the border by hiring enough personnel to do so, or losing the manufacturing jobs producing goods intended for the USA?

I don't believe that Trump tells everything he has planned, which anyone in business would know is not a real good idea to maintain the upper hand in negotiations.

Old 01-27-2017, 05:41 PM   #3
Robert Walker
Not trying to hijack this thread and honestly agree with Rich...threaten big, with the intentions of producing the "real" unannounced intended results.

Okay, like I said, not to hijack... just saw this commercial on TV for support President Trump via Chia Pet. Really? Then found this image, who is more expensive?
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2017, 05:57 PM   #4
JColt
One made in USA other in China?

Old 01-27-2017, 07:02 PM   #5
WebSlave
I think if they gave away the Hillary ones, they would STILL have trouble moving them.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:39 AM   #6
JColt
What? Why aren't raccoons, opossums and wildcats not paying also?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!