Hello from Austin, Texas - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
RussellA
Hello from Austin, Texas

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Russell. I've always been interested in reptiles ever since my mother showed me a little Rough Ground Snake when I was 3 or 4 years old. I've kept reptiles of one sort on another my whole life, (with some reptileless gaps here and there). I currently have a pair of Black Milk Snakes, L.t. gaigeae. The male I bought as an adult of 4 feet and don't know anything about it's origin. The female is a youngster that I purchased a little over a year ago from Fred Bruckman out of Pennsylvania. She was only about a foot long when I got her and still very tri-colored. Now she is about 3 feet long and almost completely black.
I also have a Schneider's Dwarf Caiman, P. trigonatus, that a got from a guy that couldn't keep him. He was 9 months old when I got him and about 15" long. Now, one year eight month later he is a little over three feet long.
I look forward to having some interesting conversations and trading info/ideas with you all. I've attached some photos. The first on is Nina, the juvenile Black taken right after we got her. The second is Onyx, the male Black taken last year. The third is Nina as she looks now and the last one is Jackson taking it easy.
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
crissabella
Hi Russell, Welcome to Fauna!!

Old 08-26-2010, 02:12 PM   #3
Utta
Welcome!

Old 08-26-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
morph evolution
hey russell welcome..

Old 08-26-2010, 11:50 PM   #5
RussellA
Thank you all for your warm wecome! I'm begining to feel at home already.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:04 AM   #6
chamgirl99471
Welcome Russell... Nice Pictures I Have a Black Pastel Ball python named Onyx... good choice of names there

Old 08-27-2010, 07:43 AM   #7
DAND
Welcome to Fauna Russell!!!

Old 08-27-2010, 08:32 AM   #8
Tim Cole
Nice to see another Austinite here!

Maybe I'll see you this weekend at the Expo!

You should also check out the Austin Herpetological Society booth there.

Old 08-28-2010, 02:08 AM   #9
Tiger Lilly
Welcome aboard, Russell--nice photos!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!