Obama to Fire National Guard Chief During Inauguration - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:17 PM   #1
WebSlave
Obama to Fire National Guard Chief During Inauguration

I guess you do have to wonder what Obama's part in all this really is, and his intentions.....

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/re...rticle/2611792

https://peoplestrusttoronto.wordpres...-inauguration/

http://pamelageller.com/2017/01/pres...al-guard.html/

Old 01-14-2017, 10:00 AM   #2
JColt
The president-elect previously ordered that all of President Barack Obama's ambassadors leave their posts by Inauguration Day.

Trump decision, Not Obama's

https://www.palmerreport.com/opinion...uguration/876/

Old 01-14-2017, 11:31 AM   #3
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
The president-elect previously ordered that all of President Barack Obama's ambassadors leave their posts by Inauguration Day.

Yep. Also it's normal when a new administration comes in to do some "housecleaning", and for staffers involved to get a heads-up so they can make the transition smooth for their successors.

Old 01-14-2017, 11:33 AM   #4
WebSlave
Quote:

Yeah, does seem to be a conflict in how this is being interpreted, doesn't it? Seems like both sides are quite willing to engage in "fake news" whenever it suits them. I have to admit, that I trust Obama much less than I trust Trump. But ask me again in four years....

Old 01-14-2017, 11:52 AM   #5
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Yep. Also it's normal when a new administration comes in to do some "housecleaning", and for staffers involved to get a heads-up so they can make the transition smooth for their successors.
I know some diplomats upset because it has been past practice to allow their children to finish school before leaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
But ask me again in four years....
I am trying to give Trump time but sometimes I wonder for how long.

Old 01-14-2017, 12:07 PM   #6
Lucille
Quote:

I am trying to give Trump time
A little time, a little rope, you know the old saying.

Old 01-14-2017, 03:51 PM   #7
WebSlave
Yeah, I've been trying to look into this, and I'm still not sure what this really means. Apparently it is SOP for an incoming president to replace all staff and positions appointed by the outgoing president. Not sure if those people turn in their resignations under the outgoing, and the incoming accepts or rejects them, or what.

Apparently there are news organs that are claiming Obama is up to something by firing the national guard general, and others claiming that Trump is up to something by firing him.

Not that it should matter much, I guess. It's not like the troops on the ground would just stand around with their fingers up their nose if some crap comes down and they don't have brass at the top to issue orders.

I'm betting it will be an absolute zoo in Washington D.C. then. Maybe even a zoo where all of the cage doors have been opened up. Probably would be a good place to stay away from, and try to watch a live stream online.

But I guess no matter what the next four years brings, it certainly won't be worse than what we would have gotten with Hillary and Bill back in the White House. I'm actually thinking that from all indications so far, there is a better than even chance that things will get a LOT better. I don't think anyone can say that the way this country HAS been going was looking very bright for us.

Old 01-14-2017, 06:27 PM   #8
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Probably would be a good place to stay away from...
That's been my policy on DC for decades.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:07 PM   #9
JColt
Yes Rich it is normal that staff are replaced (although some stay) Usually past presidents would allow time and not have everyone leave at 12:01. Like ambassador to Germany would stay on until his/her children finished the school year.

General Schwartz was picked by President George W. Bush in the summer of 2008; President Obama kept him on for the entirety of his two terms. At least he only loses a position and not his job.

First time I have seen a black man by the name of Schwartz.

Old 01-16-2017, 02:37 AM   #10
suskie1992
there's good old alex jones

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!