Is This A Fire BP????? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:44 PM   #1
Daryl-USMC
Is This A Fire BP?????

I just got this in a trade. It is supposed to be a fire but I haven't had much luck finding a sight that shows the visual markers. I took a couple picture and thought I might get some help around here. Thanks in advance for any advice / help
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
Amelanistic Orca
Looks like a normal to me...

Old 12-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
bkline
I'll second that

Old 12-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #4
redhood23
That is a definite normal.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:09 AM   #5
Daryl-USMC
This guy was supposed to be a reputable dealer at the Anderson, SC show
It is hard to know who to trust. Does anyone know of a site that gives quality examples / photos of how to tell the more subtle morphs apart?

Old 12-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
~Just Curious~
I'm no expert, but when I checked around, the one you have seems a little too dark to be a fire. It looks like the colors should be more washed out and vanilla-like. You can try breeding it out someday to make sure I suppose.

Here's some sites with pictures http://www.constrictors.com/Collecti...allPython.html and http://www.bobclark.com/d_learn.asp?id=131&cat=learn and here's a video that compares one to a normal http://www.worldofballpythons.com/videos/morphs/22/

Personally when it comes to low-key morphs like that, I'd only buy from folks with a good, solid reputation. (Check the BOI) Preferably someone easy to get a hold of and in the public's eye so you know they aren't going anywhere. Paperwork can't hurt and if he produced it himself then he should have pictures of the parents and clutch. If not maybe ask him who did produce it and try to contact the original breeder for confirmation.

Sorry about that, but best of luck getting things figured out~

Old 12-15-2011, 10:03 AM   #7
Daryl-USMC
Thumbs up Thank You All. even the sofa king guy

This is the first time I have used this forum for help with herping but I was nicely suprised to see how people stepped up and helped out. Thanks again. Hopefully I can return the favor one day. Regards, Daryl

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!