Goini vs Brooksi Comparison shot! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-29-2004, 09:48 PM   #1
ZFelicien
Goini vs Brooksi Comparison shot!

Closely Related subspecies, very different pattern. I heard these have been crossed but haven't seen the out come. Does any one out there have an example to show me. If so please post pix
Attached Images

Old 10-29-2004, 10:00 PM   #2
ZFelicien
Pattern Comparison

Goini has Chain pattern, Brooksi had Closely banded pattern.
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2004, 08:56 PM   #3
Stevefromsd
Isn't Goni half Florida half Eastern?

Old 11-05-2004, 09:06 PM   #4
ZFelicien
IS IT?

That is a speculation as far as I know. My Goini was from a Goini to Eastern breeding. If you look at the various patterns of Goini Kings, it's hard to tell whether it does have either snake in it. There are some Goini that are completely speckled, some striped, and some blotched. my female exhibits a chain pattern because she has eastern in her. I'm not sure if this snake is the result of a natural intergrade, but I'll need more convincing.
Thanx for your post.

~Zenny Felicien
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2004, 09:57 PM   #5
justinian2120
re:goini,brooksi,floridana

current taxonomy deems the goini(a.k.a.blotched king)from the fla. panhandle a regional phase,not an actual subspecies anymore...same for the brook's(a.k.a. south florida king),from well,south florida....it's debatable whether the goini's unique pattern/coloration is an evolutionary camoflouge anamoly,because of the apparent pattern influnce of the 'chain' eastern king from the north of the goini's range...since all these are the same species,Lampropeltis getula,most subspecies/phases would integrade freelywhere their ranges overlap....also,i've been told,and have seen ,that the female goinis tend toward a classic blotched pattern-the males often get striped/aberrant patterns,all in the same clutch

Old 11-07-2004, 11:26 PM   #6
ZFelicien
ummmmmmm?!

I personally think Blotched king can possibly be GA. EasternXBrooksi. My female certainly show the orange coloration from GA kings yet she has a yellow belly like a Brooksi. I'm planing on breeding her to the hi-yellow male in the pic and see what pops up. Thanx for the post!
ZF

Old 11-14-2004, 12:29 PM   #7
Sand&SunReptile
Either way, she is a gorgeus looking snake.

Old 11-14-2004, 12:40 PM   #8
ZFelicien
Thanx!

I'm hoping to breed her to either the male brooksi she's with in the pic or a hypo male brooksi this upcoming season.
thanx again!
~ZF

Old 11-14-2004, 12:55 PM   #9
Sand&SunReptile
Sounds good, should be fun!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!