Caramel Albino - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
RoyalPythonPros
Question Caramel Albino

I noticed that some people put up ads for caramels and some say caramel albinos. Now I 've seen the same person listing 2 different animals and calling one a caramel and one a caramel albino. Now I know that there are different lines out there but after checking out WOBP I see that a few of the caramels listed on here don't look like any of the caramel albinos. Is there a difference at all because as far as I've been able to see there is no "caramel" morph in itself. Hopefully you all get what I'm asking here.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
Dbz4246
I have come across this, I did a trade deal with someone and he kept telling me caramel het clown. Well he was interested in what I had (cant remember what now) and I figured why not, I am getting a heck of a deal. When I met up with him, it was not what I was expecting, I was expecting Caramel Albino. What I was looking at was a normal with a reduced and cleaner pattern, possibly a little lighter. He told me it came from Pro Exotics and that is what they called it. I couldnt find any info on it myself at the time either. So I just think its a nicer cleaner normal, I havent been able to find anything that states that "caramel" is a morph in itself.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
RoyalPythonPros
Thats just it, I have a caramel albino and the "caramels" I see listed look nothing at all like what I have.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:02 PM   #4
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalPythonPros View Post
Thats just it, I have a caramel albino and the "caramels" I see listed look nothing at all like what I have.
PM sent

Old 04-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #5
Dale Porcher DVM
Caramels

Caramels and Caramel Albinos are one and the same. It is known as T+ Albinism whereas the yellow and white snakes are called Albinos and are T- albinos. There is a wide variation in color and quality of Caramels, just like any other morph, maybe even more so like Pastels. I have a Caramel that even as a 300 gram adult will knock your socks off.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:37 PM   #6
RoyalPythonPros
That's what I thought, must mean that I have one of those quality breeding females myself!

Old 04-05-2013, 11:58 PM   #7
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalPythonPros View Post
That's what I thought, must mean that I have one of those quality breeding females myself!
You have heard about female breeding issues, right?

Old 04-06-2013, 12:34 AM   #8
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Porcher DVM View Post
Caramels and Caramel Albinos are one and the same. It is known as T+ Albinism whereas the yellow and white snakes are called Albinos and are T- albinos. There is a wide variation in color and quality of Caramels, just like any other morph, maybe even more so like Pastels. I have a Caramel that even as a 300 gram adult will knock your socks off.
Currect, but what I was talking about is what I thought the OP was seeing. I have seen at least one person claim a snake caramel (although they may have been talking about the color?) that wasn't a T+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
I hope so...

Old 04-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #9
RoyalPythonPros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
I did read a lot about them. I got a great deal on a female almost 1400g and kink free as far as anyone can tell. Had 3 different people check her besides myself and she looks good. Won't be breeding her till next season so I'm just hoping for the best. Guess we'll see what happens.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #10
Shadera
Not kinks, massive amounts of slugs vs. good eggs.

Anyhow, good luck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!