Morph King splitting up? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-24-2007, 10:26 PM   #1
Biscuit71
Morph King splitting up?

I was at the morph king site just to see what was new as I have heard very little talk about them lately.. well, then again, I have been spending alot of time in the Boa forums lately.. anywho, there was a statement on the front page saying they are splitting up, but they are still honoring the payment plans they had already agreed to... is this a new thing, or was this in the works for a time? I would imagine this is why they had the very low prices in the spring? Maybe?

Old 01-24-2007, 10:54 PM   #2
Bill & Amy
It started a while ago and has been on the front page for quite sometime. It didnt happen until after the spring price incident. It has been going on a couple of months anyway.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:06 AM   #3
LadyOhh
This has been true for a while...

MKR is bye bye.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:18 PM   #4
darkbloodwyvern
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
It started a while ago and has been on the front page for quite sometime. It didnt happen until after the spring price incident. It has been going on a couple of months anyway.
what is the Spring price incident?

Old 01-25-2007, 07:49 PM   #5
lillyorchid
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbloodwyvern
what is the Spring price incident?
Right before the Daytona show last year they dropped all their morph prices to stupid stupid low thinking they would come out on top because they would be selling their animals dirt cheap to everyone, etc. In the end they just crashed and burned

If you do a search on here for them on the BOI - you'll be able to read all about it.

So glad they are gone!

Old 01-25-2007, 08:02 PM   #6
darkbloodwyvern
oh yeah

ok, I know what happened there, glad it caused a problem for them as well as everyone else. I mean, one's prices are one's own business, but that was pretty sneaky. I think they easily could have lowered their own prices without being so extreme about it and getting bit in the butt as a consequence.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:45 PM   #7
joepythons
Thumbs down lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbloodwyvern
ok, I know what happened there, glad it caused a problem for them as well as everyone else. I mean, one's prices are one's own business, but that was pretty sneaky. I think they easily could have lowered their own prices without being so extreme about it and getting bit in the butt as a consequence.
Well the real kicker to all of this was they were buying snakes and selling them as they bred them .Truth is there whole collection consisted of just 200 snakes and majority of them were hets .

Old 01-25-2007, 09:16 PM   #8
NorthernRegius.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyorchid
Right before the Daytona show last year they dropped all their morph prices to stupid stupid low thinking they would come out on top because they would be selling their animals dirt cheap to everyone, etc. In the end they just crashed and burned

If you do a search on here for them on the BOI - you'll be able to read all about it.

So glad they are gone!
What REALLY sucks isn't how they discounted themselves out of business... that was inevitable. Other good folks got sucked into an unnecessary price war. IMO they should have stood their ground. We may see an adjustment reflected in this year's market (I hope).

Some folks will show you an example of how to do business, others will show one how NOT to do it. RIP MKR, I hope you're not duplicated anytime soon.

Old 01-25-2007, 11:09 PM   #9
LadyOhh
I completely agree...

Old 01-25-2007, 11:24 PM   #10
darkbloodwyvern
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernRegius.com
Some folks will show you an example of how to do business, others will show one how NOT to do it. RIP MKR, I hope you're not duplicated anytime soon.

Amen to that!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!