DNJ REPTILES in Amityville NY... Disgusting Store animals in Poor Health! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
BurmGuy79
DNJ REPTILES in Amityville NY... Disgusting Store animals in Poor Health!

Went in that shop today, same store formerly in Seaford/Hicksville, new location and by far the dirtiest yet!! I am still in shock at some of the things I witnessed today. I don't know where to begin. I saw poor lizards with bones sticking out and looking all wilted and dehydrated(black throat monitors), I saw snakes covered in mites, looking for water with none to be found which was the case with almost every single reptile there. I saw what looked to be a deceased young savannah monitor still in one of the tanks. There was a large staff too but nobody would do a thing. Tanks had enough poop in them you'd think it's been weeks since anybody touched a cleaner. And to top it all off, when you approach owner Doug about this, he will run and hide and avoid any confrontation. This store needs to be reported ASAP and actions must be taken! I am having a cousin stop in tomorrow to grab some photos of everything. Here's the store info... I am still shaking and in shock pardon should I have made any spelling errors by the way.

Dnj Reptiles
134 Merrick Rd
Amityville, NY 11701

Phone: 631-608-8686
Bosses names are Doug and Josh
  Received Infraction
Old 07-31-2013, 06:40 AM   #2
Jagostini82
Wow have you really been there? or are talking about a different place? My family is in there weekly getting food from our bearded dragon (and sometimes just to take our 3 1/2 year old son in bc he loves to see all the reptiles). And I can't say enough wonderful things about it! The staff is amazing! Always around, helpful, extremely knowledgeable about all the reptiles and even super nice to my son (he loves when they feed the alligators when he's there!) The area in the back is awesome and we've paid several times to go back there. All the animals are well taken care of and the store is always clean! Please do take pictures and post them bc if you do you will see what an amazing store it is and how well taken care of all the animals are.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
BurmGuy79
Thumbs down

What you need to do now, is have your child checked out for any diseases he could've contracted. I will be going to the Village of Amityville Health Department today to file a report. In no way should any child be entering this shop, breathing this stuff in. And Alligators?! They have one. As with most of their collection, everything dies off and they get down to 1 at max, then need to keep replacing them, not because they sell, but the opposite!

Old 07-31-2013, 09:18 AM   #4
BurmGuy79
Nobody needs to defend this place here, if you look back you will already see enough bad about these guys... Over the years, they've only received hate, there has never been a good guy post on this forum. I'm just bringing their most recent problems to light cause I truly care for the animals involved:/

Go to Repxotica 10 minutes away!

Old 07-31-2013, 09:19 AM   #5
BurmGuy79
Taken from Facebook...
If you have been to our new store please let us know what you think of this article. If you are registered at Fauna Classifieds perhaps you can post what you think of us. We take great pride in our store and our reptiles and would appreciate your help with this one.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=416598

Desperate much?

Old 07-31-2013, 09:27 AM   #6
chris l
Honestly you seem a bit desperate and on a mission. If you say it is as bad as you say it is go take photos.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:43 AM   #7
snowgyre
I agree with Chris, I am withholding judgement until I see photos. In order to make your claims valid, you need to present some proof. Talk is cheap.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:48 AM   #8
Celtic Constrictors
I'm agreeing with Chris and Vanessa here. I have a hard time swallowing someone's word as fact when they only just joined Fauna to make a BOI post as their first. That includes Jenise up there who was supporting the alleged bad guy.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:54 AM   #9
TextileHerps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguine84 View Post
I'm agreeing with Chris and Vanessa here. I have a hard time swallowing someone's word as fact when they only just joined Fauna to make a BOI post as their first. That includes Jenise up there who was supporting the alleged bad guy.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Second this, the fact they also are advertising another Pet Store makes me feel they ether work for that Store and are trying to knock the competition down a little. Jenise, has also posted on their Facebook so I can see why they just joined. They wanted to put their two cents in.

As stated, I will not say good or bad till I see photos or a video I'd prefer a video as we can see from start to finish so we know that it was taken at said store.. otherwise the photos could be from any place and not the place they're trying to bring down.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:57 AM   #10
Reptile Frenzy
It is kinda funny how jagostini82 just joined july 2013 and his first and only post is on this thread... maybe someone trying to defend their store by posting on here with great remarks... Just an observation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!