Black Knight spray - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 06-13-2006, 02:34 PM   #1
nicolai
Black Knight spray

Any one still carrying Black Knight spray or have any left over?

Old 06-27-2006, 04:24 PM   #2
Digby Rigby
Proventamite

Black Knight was originally developed for the airline industry. Iyt was intended to spray passengers and baggage to kill any pests they might be inadvertently carrying. If I remember correctly and injunction was pu on the makers of it to stop marketing it as for reptiles because it wasnt designed for that purpose. If you do find any it is probably at least a couple years old if not more. Not good to use old chemicals as a rule. Go with proventamite which cane be purchased here http://pro-products.com . It was designed and intended to be used with reptiles and so far is the only product of its kind with FDA approval for that very purpose.

DigbyRigby@exoticfeeders.com

Old 06-27-2006, 07:10 PM   #3
wcreptiles
I think they were trying to stop the Mediterranean fruit fly and other such critters from hitching rides on the airlines. I am down to my last two can of Black Knight; I would also like to get more. I don’t use it on my reptiles but I do spray it around the house (not in my snake room) when I see an excess number of bugs running around. I figure it’s about the safest bug spray one can use around herps since a lot of people used it on herps for a long time and they did spray it on the airlines when the people were still aboard, could be wrong.

Old 06-27-2006, 08:17 PM   #4
Digby Rigby
Use as directed

Proventamite was tested and designed and approved for use around reptiles. Used as directed it is safe for reptiles and can even be used in the cages. Go with Proventamite used as directed there iss no safer easier way to rid yourself of unwanted invertebrates. Go to http://pro-products.com and tell him the good looking white boy with glasses from California sent you and talk to Bob Pound.

My feeders are cooler than your pets

Old 06-29-2006, 05:28 AM   #5
nicolai
I use the black knight for my garage and other areas, i have never found anything as effective and long lasting an black knight for wiping out all insect in a large area. I see Mexico still has it but not sure of the legalities of buying it from there. i am going to have to check on that. Maybe i will post down in the legal forum to see if anyone that frequents that forums knows about the legal status of having it shipped into the USA.

Old 06-29-2006, 05:51 AM   #6
Digby Rigby
Thumbs up You have never used Proventamite

Try it there was a lawsuit a while back and Black knight had to stop marketing it for use on reptiles. You havent used Proventamite use it and you will see. As for outside and in the gardens and such there are many pyrethrin based sprays you can use. I do not sell Proventamite nor do I receive any compensation from them. Use it and you will see.

Old 06-29-2006, 01:34 PM   #7
nicolai
We have 9 cans of preventamite on the shelf right now. I use the preventamite for the reptile enclosures and the black knight for other things.

Old 06-30-2006, 03:19 AM   #8
Digby Rigby
it kills any invertebrates

It kills any invertebrates so dont use it around bugs or spiders. It also lasts up to 30 days after initial use the Proventamite that is. Try it like you did with Black Knight on the outside areas and such.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!