Banks: nickle and diming - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:23 AM   #1
Lucille
Banks: nickle and diming

Great, just what we all need, another fee:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/30/bu...lines&emc=tha2

I may just start using cash. It is probably safer than plastic anyway, my card number was already compromised once this year.

I do not begrudge any business the right to make a profit, but it seems to me that certain businesses such as banking, oil and pharmaceuticals are used to such over the top returns that ordinary reasonable returns are not acceptable to them.

There seems to almost be a cohesive attempt to tax, charge, and apply a bunch of ridiculous rules to ordinary people so that the fat cat club can lounge around in extreme wealth and not have to deal with any backtalk about it. There is definitely a widening gap between the haves and the have nots.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
Shadera
Ugh. I'm getting so tired of being pestered for more money. It's like having a mosquito buzzing in your ear, and you can't manage to smash the annoying little bugger.

Why don't they take some of these guys who are currently spending all their time thinking up ways to tax and fee the American people to death, and put them to work putting the dirt back in the grave our leaders are digging for our economy?

Just leave us alone, for chrissake!

Old 09-30-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
sschind
Anything that encourages people to use cash is better in my book. That way I don't have to pay for your rewards points that you THINK you are getting from your card provider.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
WebSlave
Simply withdraw any money you have in a bank. Their entire business model is based on having depositors. Without people putting money INTO their bank, then they have nothing to offer "customers".

Personally, I believe using cash as much as possible is wise anyway. You know darn right well that the credit card companies sell marketing trend info and your buying history is an open book to any government agency interested in you.

But may be a good idea to get cash in coin now. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if paper money becomes the same value by weight as toilet paper in the near future. At least with coins the metal itself will be worth something.

The government is pretty much painted into a corner to push us into hyperinflation or have to declare bankruptcy. I really don't see any other choices available to them. Raising taxes with a large proportion of people unemployed and such taxes only forcing more businesses out and more people then out of work too sure won't work now.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:12 PM   #5
Lucille
I think someone got mad at the immense stupidity of BOA making such an announcement now, when many are unemployed and scraping to make ends meet. Apparently their online banking was down for part of the day, they say that everything is restored but they are lying because I can't get to my account. I think someone got pissed off, hacked them and bopped them.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:20 PM   #6
WebSlave
Apparently there is a hacker group called "Anonymous" that is real big into this sort of thing. Sounds like their handiwork....

Old 09-30-2011, 09:38 PM   #7
deborahbroadus
Last time I kept cash, someone broke in while I was sleep and cleaned me out. They didn't even have to wake me to find the money. LOL

Old 09-30-2011, 10:38 PM   #8
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Last time I kept cash, someone broke in while I was sleep and cleaned me out. They didn't even have to wake me to find the money. LOL
Sometimes having the reputation of being the "crazy person with snakes and guns" can be a real benefit.....

Old 09-30-2011, 11:22 PM   #9
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Sometimes having the reputation of being the "crazy person with snakes and guns" can be a real benefit.....
You beat me to it. With the neighbors I have now, I could keep as much cash as I want at home Lol They are NOT snake lovers, or guns for that matter.

I still stay on my toes though....I don't really trust anyone now a days.

Old 10-01-2011, 12:10 AM   #10
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
I do not begrudge any business the right to make a profit,
That would be true if they were a average business fighting for market share in a free society. Rising or falling on their on merits but their not.

They our propped up with enough of our money. We should be charging them a fee for the honor of holding our cash until they pay back what they owe.

They have no right to make a profit until The People get our funds back.

Quote:
Aug. 22 (Bloomberg) -- The Federal Reserve's unprecedented effort to keep the economy from plunging into depression included lending banks and other companies as much as $1.2 trillion of public money. The largest borrower, Morgan Stanley, got as much as $107.3 billion, while Citigroup Inc. took $99.5 billion and Bank of America Corp. $91.4 billion, according to a Bloomberg News compilation of data obtained through Freedom of Information Act requests, months of litigation and an act of Congress. Erik Schatzker and Sara Eisen report on Bloomberg Television's "InsideTrack." (Source: Bloomberg)

Remember, the public and congress was told 280 billion.

And no they didn't pay it back no-matter the hype. They shuffled the funds around and paid us with our own funds and dumped the toxic paper on us.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!