African rock pythons and Burmese pythons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #1
lilkeezy
African rock pythons and Burmese pythons

Kinda weired how they look alot alike, Ever notice that? I got a question yeah i know its a stupid question with a answer i should already know. But can u house and breed african and burmese together? Just a random question.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:16 PM   #2
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkeezy
Kinda weired how they look alot alike, Ever notice that? I got a question yeah i know its a stupid question with a answer i should already know. But can u house and breed african and burmese together? Just a random question.

Yep, it's been done. I've heard some people call them cateaters.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:19 PM   #3
lilkeezy
Wow i didnt know that, Very interesting to bad i got my limt of snake already, Btw how many months or years can a baby red tail boa can start breeding?

Old 04-11-2008, 09:26 PM   #4
snake5007
Quote:
Wow i didnt know that, Very interesting to bad i got my limt of snake already, Btw how many months or years can a baby red tail boa can start breeding?

I'm not a boa person, buy i'll take a guess that 3-4 years old is when they are ok. I did keep boas at one time, but i never did look into breeding them.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:28 AM   #5
kimnrick04
Yes, they are called Cateaters. As far as the Boas, I'm not sure theres an exact age but for the female, size plays a big role in it. If she doesn't have the size no matter what age, it could be real bad for her. Males are able to breed younger and smaller than the females. I hope that helps.
Rick

Old 04-12-2008, 08:21 AM   #6
Cat_72
Quote:
Just because it CAN be done, doesn't mean it SHOULD be.

Housing snakes together, especially different types of snakes, is just looking for trouble.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:41 PM   #7
toddhowudoing
boa

a male can breed as early as 18 months a female at least a couple of yrs

Old 04-13-2008, 09:51 AM   #8
JCCS
Boas are actually all about the age, size is a minimal factor, but if they aren't mature, bad things can happen. 42 months is as young as a female boa should be bred.

Chris

Old 04-14-2008, 11:46 AM   #9
kimnrick04
Well I stand corrected. I was always told the female needed to be good size to try. Sorry for the miss info.
Rick

Old 04-14-2008, 12:56 PM   #10
Gary O
Crosses no comment

Boas....

Some Males will breed at 1 year old. Many will start at 2 years old and a few hold out untill they are three.

Females I think Age plays a huge part in this also. Along with size.

I like females 3 years old over 12 pounds. Some say 10 pounds is the mark and they will breed at this size. My smallest breeder is a het anery 3 years old and 17 pounds. The next smallest is about 25 pounds. Largest about 40 pounds.

My males are all over 2 years old that bred this year with my best breeder being a double het ghost (Orange Tail) 2 year old male. He is a machine. lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!