Robin? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 06-25-2005, 07:11 PM   #11
PaulSage
For the record...

I was the person who asked Lucille about the auctions and time zones. I felt that since she was in charge of that sub-forum, that I would just pose my concern and leave it up to her to decide how to handle it. My motive was merely an attempt to prevent any confusion that could result from the fact that originally the Fauna fund was governed by the Central time zone. Since there are auctions that denote other time zones, I thought it wouldn't hurt just to clarify things a little.

I really don't feel that anyone who participates in the auctions should receive negative feedback. However, if the idea warrants negative points, send them my way too, since it was my idea in the first place. ...BUT, considering the good intentions behind the auctions right now, don't expect any number of negative points to keep me from helping in every way that I can. As a grown up, I am able to see through to the more important facets of life.

Old 06-25-2005, 07:17 PM   #12
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.
anywho here is the translation which has already been sent to rich so you dont have to tattle anymore:
"its rather sad you have no idea what time zone you are in especially considering you are a moderator of this site."
Yeah. I ran this through InterTran and here's what that translator came up with:

Quote:
your conah old woman ehs patehticah. the one allure rcber Athens d otra pexoa k has lost somebody. dvias period of time ter I reap AND abstract the one bazoo du cuh from the responxahvel from the SiteMill
Not very satisfying, but it doesn't look real close at all to what Robin is saying her INTENT of that quote was to reflect. Certainly I can see the word "pathetic" in there which doesn't seem to come out in the translation. My advice, Robin, is to stick to English. Perhaps your practicing Portuguese would be better suited to a Portuguese site.

BTW Robin, the spell check on this site does NOT work for Portuguese, so please bear that in mind.

And for the record, here's the post that Robin S. assessed Lucille negative warning points for as being a "particularly bad post":
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Never been in Tulsa....
In your user CP you can set the time for your zone, and then compare to Texas, CST. Right now here in the Lone Star State it is 6:42PM...and EXTREMELY HOT, just got done using the weedwacker outside.
Yeah, man. Time zone discussions and issues really bug me something fierce as well, so no wonder Robin got upset about that post.

I don't know, do you all think my giving Robin warning points for Reputation System Abuse was out of line? Was I too hasty?

Old 06-25-2005, 07:25 PM   #13
robin d.
i have two other translators if you would like ... each one gives you something totally different

Old 06-25-2005, 07:27 PM   #14
Jim O
so do I Robin, and with a little creativity I was able to pick through some of it.

ehs, era, sua = conjugations of the verb ser (to be) en español

bocah = boca (mouth) en español

otra = otra (other) en español

responxahvel do site ~ responsible for the site (that was close)

patehticah = patético en español = pathetic (sad)

alguém = alguien en español (someone)

ter = conjugation of the the verb tener (to have) in español

perdeu = perdido en español (lost)

etc...

Actually, I used Spanish a great deal to speak with folks from Azores who also speak a somewhat different dialect and it served me well.

Old 06-25-2005, 07:29 PM   #15
robin d.
oh btw i have gotten point from her for much less and did i go and tattle to you? no i just took em... i mean they are points... repuation points...what does that really mean? everyone thinks your are popular or cool or that you know what you are talking bout? i dont know
and i really dont care

Old 06-25-2005, 07:39 PM   #16
WebSlave
Quote:
oh btw i have gotten point from her for much less and did i go and tattle to you? no i just took em... i mean they are points... repuation points...what does that really mean? everyone thinks your are popular or cool or that you know what you are talking bout? i dont know
and i really dont care
Good. Guess we settled that.

But gee, why do you assess someone else reputation points, then? Why partake in something that you deem useless and don't care about either way? I mean, why bother? What is YOUR purpose and reason for assessing someone negative reputation points then? You have to make a conscious effort in order to do so, so you MUST have some intention behind doing it, I would think. I would hope that such a reason will be reasonable, logical and fair, rather then capricious, frivolous, and malicious (in some instances). So do tell me, Robin, WHY do you use a system like that and yet claim it means nothing to you?

Old 06-25-2005, 07:41 PM   #17
Rebel Dragons
This is not a real thread is it?

I just read through the whole thing and I have come to the conclusion I must be hallucinating.

Serves me right for eating Cherry Garcia ice cream and then looking at fauna. I always thought Ben & Jerry put acid in the mix.

Old 06-25-2005, 07:47 PM   #18
robin d.
i give prorps to people who deserve them for good posts and when i see a nagative one i will point that out as well.... but honestly i do not care about MY points....
ermm lucile you gonna come out and contribute since you brought this up? and i have tried to contact lucille in private on several occations to reseolve this but no reply...

Old 06-25-2005, 07:50 PM   #19
robin d.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
This is not a real thread is it?
ermm i supose i do not see what the big dealio (deal) is.... i guess someone got upset
wait its just a pigment of your imagination

Old 06-25-2005, 07:57 PM   #20
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
wait its just a pigment of your imagination

Robin it's the acid I tell ya. The acid!!!! Wait it just might be pigment. I have been seeing some really vibrant colors this evening.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!