Leopard Gecko Morph Poll... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: What's your favorite Leopard Gecko Morph?
Normal 13 6.37%
Jungle 16 7.84%
Striped 16 7.84%
Reverse-striped 5 2.45%
Tangerine/Hypo-tangerine 61 29.90%
Snow 22 10.78%
Patternless aka "Leucistic" 26 12.75%
Rainwater Albino 11 5.39%
Tremper Albino 18 8.82%
Bell Albino 16 7.84%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2003, 01:36 PM   #1
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Leopard Gecko Morph Poll...

Let's try this out everyone.

I am putting up a list of some of the more common leopard gecko morphs on the market just to get everyone's vote on what their favorite is. Also, please feel free to post any comments you want(let's stay civil, these are just opinions).

I have voted for Jungles because, well, they've always been my favorites. lol The sheer variability of pattern in these guys is awesome. When breeding them, you never get the same thing twice and you can never be 100% sure how they will turn out as adults(whether they end up heaviliy spotted or keep super bold striping like the ones Monte posted a little way down).

Anyway, let's have some fun and vote

Old 01-13-2003, 06:09 PM   #2
Monte
Thumbs up I like striped

I don't know what it is about them - but I love them-thar stripes. But I love anything with a high, bold contrast. Even though I have some screamer hypo tangs - they never really tripped my trigger like boldly contrasted leos.

What's a leopard without spots, right?

Rob, you always seemed to have some bold stuff when you were into leos, didn't you. In fact, I swear that you once told me you were going to send some my way . . .???

Or was I just dreaming?

Good poll Rob!! Thanks

Old 01-13-2003, 08:40 PM   #3
Mike and Erica @ MotherGecko
Vote for Patternless here!

I don't know exactly what it is about a bright yellow neon Patternless Leopard, but they sure are sexy beasts if you ask me lol! I also am a real fan of the Pastels which I didn't see on the poll. I had one about 2 years ago with super stripe and was pastel as could be, every time I look at his pic (which I still keep) it makes me kick myself that I actually sold him. It's great to see that someone has voted for the ever becoming rare normal too. I must say though, I love all the Leopard morphs and hope to see more in the future. Take care all. BTW Monte those stripes are bold as bold gets no doubt! Mike

Old 01-13-2003, 09:30 PM   #4
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Monte,

yes sir I did indeed get some bold stuff out of my jungle projects(Tiger leos anyone? ). And don't worry, you WILL have some of my bloodline coming your way, though it may be a while yet, I will take care of you as promised Also, just so you know, there is another local breeder here in Atlanta that acquired some of my breeding stock that is getting similar results to my tigers and bold jungles. If you want I will put you in touch with him or him in touch with you when he's got babies again.

And I agree with you 100%, high bold contrast all the way! That is why most hypos and hypo-tangs never caught on with me.

Mike, I apologize for not including the pastels. Guess they go up for Honorable Mention I also didn't include the Joe Blow's Bargain Super Giant Tangerine Black-spotted Claw-toed Blinking eyes morph either lol

Old 06-06-2003, 04:45 PM   #5
jamin22786
What about blizzards. I think blizzard morphs and patternless are best.

Old 06-06-2003, 05:14 PM   #6
KelliH
such a difficult choice to make!

I love all of them but I guess if I had to pick from those you listed my fave (right now anyway :-) is the Bell albino. They are sooo cool and different looking. I like my super hypo carrot tails almost equally as well. And I have a soft spot in my heart for patternless leos too. Hmmm I'd be in big trouble if I had to pick just one leo I could keep! You know, you can't have just one leopard gecko hehee.

Old 10-10-2003, 11:38 PM   #7
R & B Geckos
The eyes have it.

I'd have to agree with Kelli.....hard to make a choice, but she got me hooked on Bell's ever since I bought one of her males. The eyes almost blend seemlessly with the body color. Sort of reminds me of an albino Burmese Python's eyes. I have to admit though, I also like the stripes too...(hint for Monte) I'd love to get a hold of a female to pair up with my male.

Bruce N.
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2004, 02:23 AM   #8
Caswell Herps
Exclamation HYPO-TANGERINES!!!!

i voted for them because the orange in them are stunning! they catch your eye every time!

Old 02-01-2004, 04:26 AM   #9
ByRandom
Look at me go...

Seems like I've migrated with everyone else here. Although, it does seem that I am a late arrival, as always.

I loveo my striped Leopard (and any, for that matter) about the same as all of my others, but, I think it looks awesome..like a racecar even.

Old 02-01-2004, 12:24 PM   #10
1derfool
Patternless albinos and tangerine carrot-tails are first on my list right now. But.... second place is all the rest of them, and believe me, second place isn't very far behind first, just barely 1/10 of a point diff.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!