Leopard Gecko Morph Descriptions Please. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-16-2008, 01:08 AM   #1
Sena Dragontooth
Question Leopard Gecko Morph Descriptions Please.

I don't want to be a pain, but could someone compile a list of the many morphs for me, and include the definitions of A.P.T.O.R and R.A.P.T.O.R. I have know time on my hands right now to do it, and I want to really do a good amount of research. Thanks in advance!

~Cherie

Old 10-16-2008, 04:45 AM   #2
LadyGecko
Hi Cherie
I found the info that you wanted-I could not remember what every initial stood for so I had to go and look it up- at Paul Sage's website
He has an excellent pictorial guide to Leopard Gecko Morphs

A.P.T.O.R. stands for Albino Patternless Tangerine Orange

R.A.P.T.O.R denotes specimens with red eyes.

The link to the morph guide

http://www.paulsagereptiles.com/LeopardGenetics.htm

Hope this helps

Sandy

Old 10-16-2008, 07:00 AM   #3
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGecko View Post
Hi Cherie
I found the info that you wanted-I could not remember what every initial stood for so I had to go and look it up- at Paul Sage's website
He has an excellent pictorial guide to Leopard Gecko Morphs

A.P.T.O.R. stands for Albino Patternless Tangerine Orange

R.A.P.T.O.R denotes specimens with red eyes.

The link to the morph guide

http://www.paulsagereptiles.com/LeopardGenetics.htm

Hope this helps

Sandy

That link is awesome!! Thanks

Old 10-16-2008, 07:03 AM   #4
LadyGecko
You are very welcome
Glad to have been of some help-plus it refreshed my memory too

Old 10-16-2008, 01:05 PM   #5
Sena Dragontooth
Thank you very much. I've been trying to figure out what denotes one morph from another, and none had decent descriptions. I think I have figured out what morphs my geckos are, though Nenet doesn't have a complete banding pattern...I wonder what she is.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:11 PM   #6
LadyGecko
Cheri-Do you have a pic of Nenet ?

I am sure that we could identify your mystery morph for you
Perhaps if Nenet has broken bands-she could be a Jungle or an Aberrant patten

Sandy
PS-we would love to see pics of all of your Geckos

Old 10-16-2008, 10:39 PM   #7
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Dragontooth View Post
I don't want to be a pain, but could someone compile a list of the many morphs for me, and include the definitions of A.P.T.O.R and R.A.P.T.O.R. I have know time on my hands right now to do it, and I want to really do a good amount of research. Thanks in advance!

~Cherie
An APTOR is a combination of 8 morphs.

Tangerine, carrot head, carrot tail, patternless, jungle, stripe, reverse stripe and giant albino.

A Raptor is the same thing only with red eyes.

Old 10-17-2008, 02:48 PM   #8
Double LY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
An APTOR is a combination of 8 morphs.

Tangerine, carrot head, carrot tail, patternless, jungle, stripe, reverse stripe and giant albino.

A Raptor is the same thing only with red eyes.
Sorry to disagree, but the patternless gene is in no way affiliated with APTOR's or RAPTORs. The stripe and reverse stripe genes were used to cancel each other out. The stripe, jungle and abberrant patterns are generally believed to be one gene that is just being expressed in different ways. Also, an APTOR or RAPTOR does not have to be a giant.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:34 PM   #9
Ed Clark
This is how Garrick Demeyer of crestedgecko.com describes them.

The A.P.T.O.R is a new Leopard Gecko morph, or rather, a combination of several morphs, originally developed by Ron Tremper. It debuted in Fall, '04. These geckos have the following traits: Tangerine, Carrot Head, Carrot Tail, Patternless (a new patternless gene- not the common "leucistic" or Murphy Patternless), Jungle, Stripe, and Reverse Stripe, and Giant Albino.

R.A.P.T.O.R Leopard Geckos are basically the same as Aptors, except they have bright red eyes. Ideally, the eyes are solid red, but some partial red eye and partial normal eye patterns are also seen.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:42 PM   #10
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double LY View Post
Sorry to disagree, but the patternless gene is in no way affiliated with APTOR's or RAPTORs.
Don't be sorry.....its fun to disagree!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
leopard gecko, morph