What's the most y'all have ever paid for a gecko? - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-16-2004, 02:44 PM   #91
KelliH
Quote:
CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?"
Sure, we can all get along but there is nothing wrong with having a discussion, be it heated or not ;-)

I apologize for the "correction" about the T.-, I just wanted to be informative, a lot of people probably do not realize that all 3 strains are T+. Tremper himself was convinced his strain was T- for quite a long time.

I wish there was a T- albino leopard gecko out there. Can you imagine how beautiful it would be?

Old 09-16-2004, 02:50 PM   #92
groovygeckos
thanx kelli

yes they sure would be awesome

Old 09-16-2004, 02:54 PM   #93
groovygeckos
someone before completely thought i was knocking any other strain than tremper !

not my intention i like RW`s but bells look too "normal" for me ..w/that spotting(again i havent seen that many ..yet and not in person !)

Old 09-16-2004, 02:58 PM   #94
USAGECKOS
Can someone explain the difference of T+ and T-?

Old 09-16-2004, 03:15 PM   #95
beakgeek
I found the following information on a site called the the GAPS INDEX:

Recent research has used analysis of DNA, the chemical which encodes genetic information, to arrive at a more firm classification system for albinism. Type 1 albinism (also called tyrosinase-related albinism) is the type involving almost no pigmentation. Type 1 albinism results from a genetic defect in an enzyme called tyrosinase. This enzyme helps the body to change the amino acid tyrosine into pigment. (An amino acid is a "building block" of protein, and comes from protein in the diet.) Type 2, a type with slight pigmentation, results from a defect in a different gene called the "P" gene.

T + = Tyrosinase Positive Albinism (Type II)
T - = Tyrosinase Negative Albinism (Type I)

Cool stuff.

Regards,

Terry

Old 09-16-2004, 03:40 PM   #96
Golden Gate Geckos
let's stay on topic...

Quote:
Now, this thread is about what people have spent for leos; not why Tremper albinos turn brown. It's a moot point in this thread and I'm just simply not going to continue on as it is off topic.
Thank you, Chris! The original post was about the most ever spent on a leopard gecko, NOT albino strains. With that in mind, the most I have ever spent on a gecko was $250, but I think my husband paid about $400 for my 'birthday gecko', Flaming Janis, he bought from Kelli.

Old 09-16-2004, 03:45 PM   #97
USAGECKOS
Is there a good web site or a book to learn about Leo genetics (that speaks in english..LOL)?

Old 09-16-2004, 05:02 PM   #98
KelliH
I'm sorry I couldn't resist!

Quote:
but bells look too "normal" for me ..w/that spotting
Those Bells and their pesky spots..

Hey wait a minute, that Bell doesn't have spots! Hmm...

I'm just messin with ya Dan

Old 09-16-2004, 05:59 PM   #99
chondrokeeper
kelli, that gecko looks retarded and deformed, you'd better send it here along with the other hybino

Old 09-16-2004, 06:09 PM   #100
chondrokeeper
not to start anything again, but someone sent this to me and I found it amusing. It is a REAL billboard...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!