What's the most y'all have ever paid for a gecko? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-13-2004, 02:12 AM   #31
Manhattan Herps
my limit i's 350$, but i had to go over that for this guy from alberto...400$..worth every penny

Old 09-13-2004, 02:31 AM   #32
robin d.
yes olivia you hit it... the rainwater and bell albinos tang stripe,hybinos will look different especially the bells... they are nothing like rainwaters or trempers very unique and different.
dan, NICE Leo!!!!!! i can see that "king" blood in him... kellis bloodline has such a unique look to it, and that gecko is a nice example!!! good pick

Old 09-13-2004, 02:45 AM   #33
Manhattan Herps
thanks robin, he'll be my main stud for my hybino/ SHTCT project coming up

Old 09-13-2004, 02:54 AM   #34
geckokreeper
I agree with Olivia. The suprise factor wont be there but the beauty will still be there as well as the high price. I think he was saying that when the first carrotheads and all the others came out it seemed to come out of nowhere but now we can all expect to see Hybinos from the bell line and everything. Still the beauty is there but not the suprise like when the others first came out. Has anyone produced any blazing blizzards with the bell line? Just curious. I have alot of ideas but am not to great with the genetics like dominate , codominate , and what not. Here are a few ideas what do you guys think I should try if any of these are possible? Patternless Albino to SHTCTB, Patternless Albino to Blizzard, SHTCTB to Blizzard, Tangerine CarrotHead Tremper Giant to a Blizzard and the list goes on. I have so many ideas but am not sure if these will work and what not. I went to genetics wizard.com I think it was and it was like another language to me lol.

Old 09-13-2004, 02:56 AM   #35
groovygeckos
guess i havent seen many rw or bell

no albinos that i have seen really look that much different ! ive seen a pic of tremper and rw together ....didnt look very different at all to me .......maybe just those 2 in particular or the pic ...dunno (not that ive seen that many..but still ) who has some pics for me ?? with that many designer traits in my trempers ... dont look like albinos anymore except for the eyes ..(much less could i tell which strain ..if i didnt get them from the man myself) ....they are just so covered with color ....and im sure it will be great no matter what albino projects the linebreds are used in

Old 09-13-2004, 03:53 AM   #36
aliceinwl
The most I've spent on an individual leo was $300. My runner up cost $200. I was a bit in shock after the $300

-Alice

Old 09-13-2004, 06:29 AM   #37
Spydergotboost
i suck at poasting multiple pics in a poast so here goes oneat a time
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2004, 06:31 AM   #38
Spydergotboost
my male
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2004, 06:34 AM   #39
Spydergotboost
my shtct baldy not a 1000 dollar gecko but still very nice for the 200 dollar price tag
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2004, 09:17 AM   #40
Mark and Aimee
The most I ever paid was $79 for a subadult male Tremper Albino a few years back. I'd never spend more than $100 on a Leopard Gecko... They're not worth the investment, due to the one year egg-to-egg turnaround. Any new morph gets overbred immediately, and the value drops through the floor.

The most valuable Leopard Gecko I now own is a SHTCT Baldy that I purchased for $20. I have two of her siblings that I purchased for $23 ea, and I think they will be just as nice.

I'm fairly certain this is not what you guys wanted to read, but hey - Leopard Geckos just aren't a good investment.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!