Carrot Tails - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-28-2004, 01:16 PM   #11
Snarks
I agree that its very confusing and i find it quite subjective. Personally i only have a problem with it when one is selling a leo and label a barely orange tailed leo carrot tail and then asking for big $$$. Buyer beware

Old 09-28-2004, 02:05 PM   #12
groovygeckos
very true

agreed ........everyone has their own , standard for what is considered CT

Old 09-28-2004, 02:46 PM   #13
Storm55
CT or no?

Here's an interesting one...Nearly her whole tail is orange, but also contains black markings. She's a weirdo!

-Jackie

Old 09-28-2004, 02:56 PM   #14
groovygeckos
see !!!

carrot-tail all the way ! no matter if spotted , it happens sometimes , especially since tangerines and carrots have been crossed for years ...... and are essentially the same morph in the first place , only selectively bred in a different manner !!! would you say that a red-stripe is a carrot-tail? or a tangerine ? i would say it is both ! and so are alot of the other tangerines , and the carrot-tails that are out there !

Old 09-28-2004, 03:00 PM   #15
Storm55
An idea...

I think it would be interesting to try to selectively breed animals that look like that female, with the orange tails and black markings. Anyone have any geckos that look like her??? It would be a fun project.

-Jackie

Old 09-28-2004, 03:01 PM   #16
Blazin
Rhonda,Tony, Jackie

Those are all carrot tails in my opinion. Nice looking ones by the way. I especially am fascinated by the one with the melanin perfectly bordering the orange! Very Nice! Definetely something for a project. Wizardlizards I can clearly see the Ray Hine influence in that gecko of yours. Nice as well by the way. I remember Albey selling 10% carrot tails. Matter of fact I think he still does!

Old 09-28-2004, 03:05 PM   #17
Storm55
Chad,

Thanks for the compliment! I too thought that was interesting how the melanin bands perfectly border the orange color near the end of her tail. I wonder if I can find a male with this trait...

-Jackie

Old 09-28-2004, 03:23 PM   #18
USAGECKOS
Hmmmm... A real Tiger Gecko, Imagine having the black Stripes with the orange going all the way down the back and tail. Ohhh the possibilities!

Old 09-28-2004, 03:29 PM   #19
Storm55
Yes!!

Or the "Tiger Tail" morph! LOL.

-Jackie

Old 09-28-2004, 04:17 PM   #20
geckokreeper
I often see leos with little to no CT and are being called CT. The thing about the CT is it might not be much at all in a baby, but it can end up taking over 50+% of the tail. I have a SHTCTB that had a little speck of CT as a hatchling only to develope 50% at 4 months of age so it does vary. I can understand people calling a hatchling with some orange at the base a CT, but an adult with a speck of orange is not a CT in my opinion. I would still call all the leos on here a CT as they have more than just a spot they have a good area especially that one that STORM55 posted nice.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!