Carrot Tails - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-30-2004, 01:36 AM   #71
Blazin
Think so.

The female that produced this male is like I said a pure Ray Hine line animal. No tang or anything else mixed in with her. She only produced one egg this season, it being her first. He looks a bit more clean than she does so I was thinking of holding him back to add some fresh blood to some crosses I am doing. But I don't know. I put some pairs and groups on paper the other day and I was having a hard time deciding who to breed to who. Here is an obvious Cross I got this year. I am thinking of breeding him into my tangerine line. Like yours my Tangs from Nitro have no Ray Hine in them. If I cross Fusion with this guy that will change everything. Then the animals I produce will in fact have a portion of Ray Hine blood in them. This guy is from a Hisss male and a USAgecko line female. Don't know where Rick obtained most of his animals so the lineage of the dam of this gecko is still a little bit in question.

Old 09-30-2004, 01:39 AM   #72
KelliH
Chad that's a great looking guy as well. He's got fantastic color, should produce some screamers for you. Honestly I am not sure where Rick's line originated from either. I'll have to ask him that next time we talk. I'll let you know if I find out.

Old 09-30-2004, 01:41 AM   #73
groovygeckos
look im sorry

just it is damn frustrating when someone doesnt get it ! and everytime i say something i get the same reaction , everyone thinks i mean something different , or when i say ok i understand but still have something to say , i get this "no im right yur wrong" , people arguing , (all for no reason), or im being teased in this public forum for being a slow-learner lol (because someone doesnt understand when i say "i got it allready " ) ! i absorb everything very quickly , am very smart ...its just that when bits of the story are missing im left to put 2 and 2 together (like anyone) i was never trying to argue against your point , i am not here to argue ...i would like to learn more ... but how can i if everyone wants to argue with me , or not even respond to me anymore with all of the daily- misundertandings

Old 09-30-2004, 01:47 AM   #74
robin d.
ok let me break it on down a bittle easier not using geckos but another very well know group of animals

Boa Constrictor
-Boa Constrictor Imperetor
- hog island boas
- sonoran desert boos
- Tarahumara Mt boas
- cay caulker boas
- central american voas
- rotan local boas
- corn island boas

now while these are all condiered boa constrictor imperetor they have somepletely different looks, sizes ect. the reason they do is because of their broad geographic range. these are localities but each one has a very ditinct loo9k for one anyother. hogs islands and corn islands and the rotans have a naturaal hypomelanistic look to them while tarhumaras,central americans have a much darker look to them almost hypermelanistic. this is just ONE subspecies which contains many mini populations which have distinctive looks, varying from area to area.

now i could go on to the next sub species which would be boa constrictor constrictor but that gets a bit more in detail and also boa constrictor amarali

NOW while there are three (some say four) main subspecies of
Eublepharis Machlarius, which in each of the subspecies it is not a hard stretch to think their are isolated mini populations, which look different because of their geographical location, weather ect. Not to mention the four species of Eublepharius... that could add to the mix as well.

WC could be gotten up til a couple of years ago.

now Dan pop that inflated know it all ego, listen to what is being said and take into consideration what kelli and the others have been trying to tell you and the info i have provided to UNDERSTAND what the deal is..... ten plus years of keep/breed/researchings Vs. maybe one year of keeping... open your ears just a tad and listen and you might just learn something

Old 09-30-2004, 01:48 AM   #75
geckokreeper
What line would you say this is? I was told a Hine Urban cross. Did Urbans stock originate from Hines as well?
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2004, 01:51 AM   #76
KelliH
Quote:
What line would you say this is? I was told a Hine Urban cross. Did Urbans stock originate from Hines as well?
That's a beautiful gecko Aaron! Definitely a Hine line animal. And yes, as far as I know some of Urban's stock originated from Ray Hine. They also had other non Hine line hypo tangerines as well. They basically did the same thing myself, Albey and a handful of others did, they crossed their Hine line carrot tails into tangs and hypo tangs.

Old 09-30-2004, 03:18 AM   #77
Xelda
Kelli - Okay, I see the difference now. Thanks for putting those up! Those are Nieves tangs, right?

Old 09-30-2004, 03:21 AM   #78
Manhattan Herps
that was me eho posted that Jeanne, i meant no disrespect, i was just clarifying,,

as for that crack about kelli having an inflated ego i say ROFL,

Dan, you where ignorant to the fact that she was just trying to help you and explain her opinion to you, just because you have a need to be right doesnt mean you can go off on other people..

i mean, c'mon..she's one of the nicest people on this forum and a very respected breeder..some people..

anyway, heres my old male that was produced from an albey to hine crossing, the picture sucks but its the best i could find of his whole body,

Old 09-30-2004, 08:32 AM   #79
USAGECKOS
Ok, my next question....

Why do some "Baldy" geckos end up having spots on their head after a few years?

Like this one I got from Tundra Geckos, he is about 2 years old, never had spots on his head up until about 6 months ago, now he has a couple of spots.

And, is he still considered a "Baldy"?

Thanks!

Old 09-30-2004, 11:45 AM   #80
KelliH
Dan,

I understand your frustration but I think you misunderstood my intentions. I can't speak for anyone else, but I was not ganging up on you. I was just trying to explain the facts and honestly it appeared as if you were the one not comprehending. It's perfectly fine for you to have an opinion about something and to disagree with me or anyone. Just like it's perfectly fine for me to have an opinion. If I see an opportunity to set some facts straight here, I am going to do that.

Quote:
this is what i mean by inflated ego , someone that is arguing , just to argue , because they are so sure someone else is trying to challenge what they know
I was not arguing just to argue. I was trying to set the record straight, for you and others that may be reading.

If you got pissed off at that that's fine too, you have the right but saying that you think the forum should be renamed the "Kelli Hammock inflated ego forum" (it's spelled Hammack BTW :-)) is going a bit too far IMO. I don't think someone that has an inflated ego would spend half her days on the phone with people trying to teach them all she knows about leopard geckos. You can call me anytime Dan, if you ever have questions. Even though you have insulted me publically on this forum I would still help you out if I thought I could. That's the kind of person I am, and no matter what your opinion of me is, it's not going to change the way I am, just like it's not going to change the facts of this entire discussion. Take care.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!