Aptor - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-12-2004, 06:02 PM   #11
robin d.
Quote:
- i wonder what part the stripe line played in getting to APTOR?
i bet a HUGE one

Old 11-12-2004, 06:53 PM   #12
Xavier
Umm

Are these not Hybinos?

Old 11-12-2004, 07:22 PM   #13
groovygeckos
nope

asked ron about it today , they are a " patternless
" he calls it , it did come from the designers(obviously) and it is a recessive gene , some of them hatch out pure-orange ! amazing hold on to your hats , also was told that there is a " super-giant" !.............. his carrotheads , carrottails , tangerines,super-tangerines(hypos) are NOT selective bred traits , AND (no im not done yet) jungle/stripe/reverse-stripe/zig-zag are NOT recessive or dom. but "polygenic traits" !!!!!!!!

Old 11-12-2004, 07:24 PM   #14
groovygeckos
also

he has never used any ray-hines animals in either super tangerine(hypo) or APTOR

Old 11-12-2004, 08:07 PM   #15
Xavier
Ok

So these are patternless albinos which originated from only albinos. Has one been bred to a normal leo I must as how is it proven its recessive, the baby is much different than any hybino I've ever seen. But I can't help but think its just selective breeding.

Old 11-12-2004, 08:41 PM   #16
MattP
That's exaclty what I think Xavier. They appear to be Hyglos to me, check out these pics for comparison.

Courtesy of Ron and Alberto. Yes, I'm posting these pics without their permission, but I'm sure it wont be a problem.

First one is Alberto's Hyglo, and second one is Ron's Aptor

Matt

Attached Images

Old 11-12-2004, 09:09 PM   #17
Xavier
To Add!

We have Rons nice confident website stating about Gaints being recessive then 2 years later what happens? Ah I have no idea why he thinks his are different. Come on guys you breed your best albinos to eahc other and thier offspring for a few years and your saying its a new morp, that sounds to me liek some ones not thinking your producing something purely from selective breeding. Its not like your seeing a albino hatch for the first time....

Old 11-12-2004, 09:14 PM   #18
groovygeckos
i know

the "hyglo" is from rons "super tangerine(hypo) CH "-line ,and is he says is not related to this patternless gene ,when i asked him about it today ! he did tell me 6 months ago about the patternless gene that is not leucistic or blizzard ! its also the same gene he is using for the "blue" and "snow" albinos ! i cant wait to see orange or blue lightly striped or completely patternless babies ! guess what yall ? ray hines are NOT the only genetic "hypo"

Old 11-12-2004, 09:18 PM   #19
MattP
If it's a patternless gene, shouldn't every single one be patternless, some of them have that little bit of white........He still calls them Aptors.

Matt

Old 11-12-2004, 09:26 PM   #20
KelliH
My OPINION (take it or leave it :-) is that the "raptor" and the "hyglow" are one in the same and that they are both selectively bred albino super hypos.

What do y'all think?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!