Aptor - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-15-2004, 06:58 PM   #71
diablohogs
this was sold to me as a "Super-Tangerine" het for giant from Ron Tremper a few months ago and when i asked what that meant and weather it was a hybino he responded with..."yeah, you could call it that".
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2004, 07:18 PM   #72
robin d.
well now supposebly it isnt a het since he say giants are co dom... you have a very pretty tremper tangerine albino

Old 11-15-2004, 07:22 PM   #73
diablohogs
wonder if its het for a.p.t.o.r.

hes a big guy. being as giants (supposedly) codom that would still make him het for giant but also a GIANT not a SUPER GIANT.

i like the aptors and the price aint too bad... i want a female tho.

Old 11-15-2004, 07:43 PM   #74
robin d.
in a co dominant trait the animal either is (in this case) giant and carries the giant genes or is not and does not carry any giant gene

i have a 94 gram tangerine 10 1/2 inches long from tip of nose to tip of tail but he isnt a giant just a big gecko

Old 11-15-2004, 07:49 PM   #75
Monte
Alex, I would like "State the Obvious" for 400 please . . .

. . . . the Question is: Is it just me, or is everybody else getting a little weary about all the different names for the same thing?

Hybino, hyglo, hyneeglow, Aptor - I agree with Robin - they seem to be the same thing.

I think one of the most universally accepted and recognized morph name for these is simple:

FRU-FRU . . . .

Old 11-15-2004, 08:04 PM   #76
groovygeckos
Wink sorry that is not so

in any co-dom situation there are 3 forms a homozygous ("super"=super giant , super hypo,super snow ,whathaveyou ) a heterozygous (falls between in appearance = giant , hypo,snow ) and a normal ( does not express or carry the gene ) IF giants are co-dom (i am aware tremper is writing this in his book ) "moose" is a "super-giant"

Old 11-16-2004, 01:03 AM   #77
Blazin
BRAND LOYALTY??

Man I just can't help but notice something with all this. Its actually crazy in my opinion. Someone sells me something as a simple recessive it better be! Simple as that. I mean I have heard the term brand loyalty but come on! Kind of reminds me of people in high school and college. They would allow themselves to be mistreated and even abused just to hang out with the "IN" crowd! I mean people can ride coat tails of others if they want. Really nothing wrong with that at all. We need each other!!! Just make sure when your on that coat tail; its not laying on the floor with its owner behind you pissing on your back telling you its raining!

Old 11-16-2004, 01:53 AM   #78
SableLynx
well put chad

Old 11-16-2004, 02:11 AM   #79
groovygeckos
LOL

just beating themselves up !

Old 11-16-2004, 02:13 AM   #80
groovygeckos
:)

one was thinking the other left the starting line ?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!