March 05 Reptiles Magazine **RAPTOR**s - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-11-2005, 12:13 PM   #121
groovygeckos
:)

hmm? maybe i missed something let me read it again LOL

Old 01-11-2005, 03:16 PM   #122
ShannanD25
While they are amazing looking creatures, I am not sure I'd part with the money until this is proven out. I haven't been in this hobby long enough to form a credible opinion on Ron Tremper so I wont voice mine...other then to say it is a very beautiful Leo he has produced. I'd love to see one in person. Daytona here I come!!!!
Thanks for all the info on genetics from everyone. My head is still spinning as I am STILL trying to learn it all. Great info! Great experience!

Old 01-11-2005, 04:38 PM   #123
groovygeckos
:)

Quote:
Daytona here I come!!!!
see ya there !

Old 01-12-2005, 12:19 AM   #124
Intense Herpetoculture
Robin, are these the ones I found the import papers for? If so, he imported them in 1990, and it is possible he could have brokered them for someone else. I have yet to ask Tremper what he did with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.
second i know for a fact he aqired 19 individual WC leos about a year before the giants came about.

Old 01-12-2005, 03:56 PM   #125
wahberee
I think its wonderful that we have people like Ron who give leopard geckos a worldwide exposure. It makes hundreds of more people interested in out hobbie.

Old 01-12-2005, 04:05 PM   #126
montezuma
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahberee
It makes hundreds of more people interested in out hobbie.
I am not so sure I can agree that is what makes more people interested in the hobby, it certainly generates more interest in Leopard Geckos amongst people who may keep and breed other types of reptiles.

Old 01-12-2005, 04:06 PM   #127
robin d.
ya justyn
but likeheisgonnatellyouthetruth? come on now

Old 01-12-2005, 04:17 PM   #128
ShannanD25
I agree, if he brings about a wider interest in Leos from the world it is worth it and in the end, wouldn't we all benefit? That picture on the cover may have one more preson picking up the magazine and saying to themselves "Wow, I want to learn more about Leos and I want one". The average person isn't going to care about what Ron has or has not done. They may not even care about what a recessive gene is or the work that went into this new critter. But they are going to want a Leopard Gecko, and hopefully will want to learn more. They'll go to the internet and look at all our sites and go from there.

Anyone who brings more interest into the Leo world is to be commended for that alone. Their actions, motives,and such are more for us to be concerned with. And as I have not been around long enough nor have I had experience with Ron, I'll keep my thoughts on him to myself. But I am going to run out and grab a copy of that magazine.

Old 01-22-2005, 03:25 PM   #129
turtlebuyer
whats the difference

OK one more time for the stupid people. The aptor is an albino and the raptopr is an albino what is the diff. I know about Tremper albinos their eyes arent truly red or pink but my moose baby does have bunny red eyes when the pupil is open when the pupil is just a slit the veins in the eye are pink and the rest is pinkish light gold. I s the raptor's eye any different? If so why and what makes it that way.

Old 01-22-2005, 04:16 PM   #130
Xavier
Raptors have

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlebuyer
OK one more time for the stupid people. The aptor is an albino and the raptopr is an albino what is the diff. I know about Tremper albinos their eyes arent truly red or pink but my moose baby does have bunny red eyes when the pupil is open when the pupil is just a slit the veins in the eye are pink and the rest is pinkish light gold. I s the raptor's eye any different? If so why and what makes it that way.
Solid red eyes its not just the pupil but the entire eye is one solid color!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!