March 05 Reptiles Magazine **RAPTOR**s - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-05-2005, 09:17 PM   #31
groovygeckos
well

Quote:
there is no reason to start getting all angry with each other for no reason...Dan why do you care what Robin's opinion is of Tremper?...it doesn't affect you in anyway
im not that worried ! the way it affects me > i have to read it and its just that it seems we cant have a thread with ron in it or one of his morphs without this negativity being involved ....it is just aggravating , i do appologize for adding into it

Old 01-05-2005, 09:27 PM   #32
Xavier
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.
i am just wondering where these genes are coming from since ron has only introduced 3 new geckos in the past 25 years to his coloony. second i know for a fact he aqired 19 individual WC leos about a year before the giants came about.
If he only intruduced 3 leos to his line what about the 19 do you mean only 3 times he has introduced other geckos into his bloodline? That is very intresting as he does have alot of different projects. They probably came from WC ones...... The article states "I am happy to report the occurence of ruby red eyes in March 2004. This exciting new genetic trait was incorporated into a totally new patternless albino morph - R.A.P.T.O.R. - ruby-eyed, albino, patternless, Tremper line orange, which is making its world debut on the cover of this issue. The spectacular new leopard gecko is the result of five years of selective breeding using the carrot-head, tangerine, Tremper albino and giant morphs combined with new gene for patternless. Thier young hatch with, and retain, completetly red eyes throughtout life unlike all the albinos variations."

Old 01-05-2005, 09:32 PM   #33
robin d.
HQR said the red stripes started poping out from some geckos they aquired and that they did not know the back ground of them. i have seen the original tremper stripes and the nieves hypos and hypos stripes and tangerines... they came from two different populations and breedings... they may be compatable sometimes but that does not mean they originated from the same line.
ron also says this is some sorta "patternless" gene which it is not because number one they have stripes down their backs as babies and two they have a patterned head... at least some of them in the reptiles mag does... patternless albino have no pattern on their heads... i think he is calling the hypo animals ... patternless to be different so he can have something no one else has when in fact they do or might

Old 01-05-2005, 09:39 PM   #34
groovygeckos
here we go directly from HQRs website

Quote:
Early in our 1999 season of Leopard Gecko breeding we were surprised to hatch our first striped/jungle babies out of normal looking parents. Unfortunately the patterns faded as they grew which at the time was not uncommon. We then decided stripes were for us, and purchased a full striped male Leopard Gecko from a well known breeder with the intention of breeding for bold and more permanent patterns. With a little luck and a lot of patience we were now on the path to our Red Stripe Leopard Geckos.
guess i missed part of the story needed to read it again

Old 01-05-2005, 09:47 PM   #35
robin d.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier
If he only intruduced 3 leos to his line what about the 19 do you mean only 3 times he has introduced other geckos into his bloodline? That is very intresting as he does have alot of different projects. They probably came from WC ones...... The article states "I am happy to report the occurence of ruby red eyes in March 2004. This exciting new genetic trait was incorporated into a totally new patternless albino morph - R.A.P.T.O.R. - ruby-eyed, albino, patternless, Tremper line orange, which is making its world debut on the cover of this issue. The spectacular new leopard gecko is the result of five years of selective breeding using the carrot-head, tangerine, Tremper albino and giant morphs combined with new gene for patternless. Thier young hatch with, and retain, completetly red eyes throughtout life unlike all the albinos variations."
he claims in 25 or 20 years he has only introduced 3 leos into his collection.. i cant remember what kind and from who... the other 19 WC leos that he infact purchased were normals or perhaps a subspecies? but normal in looks but yet he still states he has only brought three geckos in from outside sources

Old 01-05-2005, 09:53 PM   #36
Xavier
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin s.
he claims in 25 or 20 years he has only introduced 3 leos into his collection.. i cant remember what kind and from who... the other 19 WC leos that he infact purchased were normals or perhaps a subspecies? but normal in looks but yet he still states he has only brought three geckos in from outside sources
I see thanks for sharing. So RT doesn't admit to getting 19 WC leos?

Old 01-05-2005, 09:56 PM   #37
robin d.
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovygeckos
guess i missed part of the story needed to read it again
ok you smartass... now you have to understand there are and were many well known breeders... i know what it says

Quote:
Early in our 1999 season of Leopard Gecko breeding we were surprised to hatch our first striped/jungle babies out of normal looking parents. Unfortunately the patterns faded as they grew which at the time was not uncommon.
this is was common in nieves originally but through selective breedings they began to keep the stripe and it because orange and reed PLUS nieves have a certain look you must see it in person to understand that look... all the old school guys can pick a nieves animal or nieves influeced animal out of a line up in a heartbeat

Old 01-05-2005, 10:39 PM   #38
CoolGecko
Trust Robin on Nieves... I didn't breed them but seen the ponitnals and how they devolps through the age through the "breeding loan". I actucaly has feeling that Nieves are into the Red Stripe line because I has 1.1 pair in my care still and commonly back at time. I was told that red stripe, "brown out" by people who breed them other than Matt. Actucally that genetics are common in Nieves. Kelli worked hard to get there, what she produces the Elctra, the reddest gecko ever I seen in person through all cross out and pures will get brown which are common too. They hatch as red and gets older gets organe then by adult age and most will "browns out". Not bad bloodline and just need to get right crosses. I am not sure on APTOR, yet. On other hand, I has some guess what effect eyes and only time will tells. Nieves does not has "Solid Stripes" like Tremper line and through right Slective breed then will get "Organe Stripe"... I still MIGHT has few pics of hatchlings Nieves and I might can show it as expamles if I finds them on my computer. Robin can you post that pic and it is good expamble of through the slective breed.

Thanks,

Old 01-05-2005, 11:14 PM   #39
CoolGecko
Edited:

Trust Robin on Nieves... I didn't breed them but seen the ponitnals and how they devolps through the age through the "breeding loan". I actucaly has feeling that Nieves are into the Red Stripe line because I has 1.4 pure nieves in my care still nearly looks the alike to red stripes, its infulnces and it was common back in time. He migh not aware of its orgins. Look at old chatroom and he say he did not know if it has Nieves in them. Only way to prove it is the genetics testing out. I was told that red stripe, "brown out" by most of people who breed them other than Matt. Actucally that genetics are common in Nieves to be hypoish looking when adult. Kelli worked hard to get there, what she produces the Elctra, the reddest gecko ever I seen in person through all cross out and pures will get brown which are common too or does get right cross. They hatch as red and gets older gets organe then by adult age and most will "browns out". Not bad bloodline and just need to get right crosses. I am not sure on APTOR, yet. On other hand, I has some guess what effect eyes and only time will tells. Nieves does not has "Solid Stripes" like Tremper line and through right Slective breed then will get "Organe Stripe"... I still MIGHT has few pics of hatchlings Nieves and I might can show it as expamles if I finds them on my computer. Robin can you post that pic and it is good expamble of through the slective breed.

Old 01-05-2005, 11:44 PM   #40
groovygeckos
ok ?

Quote:
ok you smartass
ok i was completely done being a smartass , even appologized for coming off sounding that way ! unbeleivable !!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!