March 05 Reptiles Magazine **RAPTOR**s - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-06-2005, 03:07 AM   #41
MattP
If you all want to see a real Ruby-eyed Tremper Albino check out the photo gallery. And no, I did not use photoshop........ It's all about the angle and lighting, her pupil was completely dialated (spelling?). http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/phot...cat/529/page/1

Matt

Old 01-06-2005, 09:18 AM   #42
groovygeckos
ive seen my albinos eyes look like that

like you said its all in the angle and lighting .....but are her eyes always like that like the R.A.P.T.O.R.s ?

Old 01-06-2005, 10:15 AM   #43
KelliH
Wow, my internet connection has been screwed up for a couple days and looks like I missed all the <sarcasm>excitement<sarcasm/>.

First of all, Dan, about the ruby eyes, you said-
Quote:
perhaps .... but doesnt seem (IMO) to make awhole lot of sence for ANYONE to hold back on something like that !
So what are you saying, that it makes perfect sense for Tremper to hold back on his projects like he always has, but it is incomprehensible that any other breeder keep a project under wraps?

Quote:
what do the "blazing bells" eyes look like being the most red when combined w/ blizzard eyes ?? anyone ?
I guess the person that has the only Bell Blazing in existance (as far as I can tell anyway) is kinda keeping that project under wraps, you know, just like Ron does (go figure huh)!!!

Quote:
so both kelli and yourself have alot of pictures huh ? i want to see ! 2001 ? so for 4 years neither one of you , have thought to make a project of something as exciting as eyes like that and produce them for sale ? to hold onto something for sooo long in this "race" is just asking for "the other guy " to be the first ! .........and quite honestly IMO leaves you " in the dust" AAAMAZING REALLY !
Dan... the gecko I sold Robin in 2001 was not a ruby eyed albino. It was a regular Tremper that was incubated male and hatched with red eyes. It browned out like a lot of Tremper albinos do, and it's eyes turned more of a maroon color. I never claimed that it was a ruby eye. I have seen the ruby eyed albinos in person at Tremper's facility, I know they are different than a regular albinos eyes. As far as being left in the dust..well.. if you consider what I have accomplished with my leopard gecko breedings and my involvement with the leo community me being left in the dust then so be it, I DO NOT CARE ANYMORE.

I am beginning to see why some of the more well known breeders choose not to post in forums anymore. With all the talking that is done out of asses on some of these threads it's quite clear to me. Amazing, really.

Old 01-06-2005, 10:43 AM   #44
TheKeeper
To Kelli H

Please keep posting, it is you and all the others with vast amounts of experience and knowledge that really help those like me. I am trying to get deep into the science of Leo breeding, not into some argument about who created what, when and where. All I know is that I have purchased 2 spectacular geckos from you and I've seen your pics and they speak for themselves. I would rather hear from you, and the other veteran breeders, not from so-called businessman or propagandists.

Old 01-06-2005, 11:03 AM   #45
groovygeckos
ok

well im not saying you personally are left in the dust .....just a generalization ! it makes perfect sence that w/ something new , you need to test it , and obviously you (not you personally) will not sell the first one ,as you will need to create more w/ any given trait ! ......... no you didnt even say you had one kelli , robin mentioned you sold her one w/ red-eyes ! ALL of my albinos have red- eyes too , but is not the same as the "Ruby-eyes" ! i recently hatched 2 TPA`s that had the brightest red eyes i have ever seen , right out of the incubator , and now they are a much darker color ! like i said i appologize for my aggravation w/ robins ranting , coming through in my post ! but guess what ? negative + negative is never possitive !!

Old 01-06-2005, 12:05 PM   #46
KelliH
Dan, you are correct about the test breeding. And of course, the element of surprise factor comes into it as well. Tremper explained all that to me when I met with him. And you know, it makes good business sense. And there is nothing wrong with that, IMHO. As long as you are honest with your customers of course.

Old 01-06-2005, 12:19 PM   #47
groovygeckos
Wink yes it is definately the suprise factor

the way i see it ...just like w/ the bell blazing blizzards ...we know its there ahead of time ( same w/ rons projects ), but will be suprised when we actually see it ! its a way to build up suspense and it seems the longer im waiting and am trying to imagine the morph , the more interested i become . from reading his projects page , and speaking with ron on the phone 8 months ago or so ...i knew about the solid red-eyes , and have been anxiously awaiting the release (had me "sold " right away ) and now i want at least one even more !

Old 01-07-2005, 09:11 PM   #48
montezuma
Man, you people just make me laugh. Why watch TV when there's a Soap right here on fauna?

Old 01-08-2005, 01:09 AM   #49
MattP
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovygeckos
like you said its all in the angle and lighting .....but are her eyes always like that like the R.A.P.T.O.R.s ?

Yeah Dan, all of my Tangerine Jungle Giants have Ruby Red eyes in low light. Check out this link. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/phot...cat/500/page/1

Matt

Old 01-08-2005, 02:10 AM   #50
KelliH
Quote:
Man, you people just make me laugh. Why watch TV when there's a Soap right here on fauna?
Glad your day was brightened up! BTW I checked out your website and you have some beautiful geckos. Take care.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!