March 05 Reptiles Magazine **RAPTOR**s - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-08-2005, 12:39 PM   #71
MattP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP
Thank you very much Kelli, *I* always great to get a compliment from you!
Should say "its"

Old 01-08-2005, 03:34 PM   #72
Golden Gate Geckos
"Red-eye"..."Ruby-eye"

Matt, you brought up a great "what if" in regard to the possibility of a connection between the Mack Snows and RT's APTORS! Hmmm....

BTW... many of my Tremper Albinos have very RED eyes under the proper lighting.

Old 01-08-2005, 03:40 PM   #73
robin d.
Quote:
It appears that Mr. Tremper crossed the Mack Snow bloodline into his A.P.T.O.R. One thing that Alberto pointed out to me is that, The Super Snows have that striped pattern, and so does Ron's R.A.P.T.O.Rs. Maybe the two are connected?
matt, you might be on to something there. matt you have some gorgeous animals and a great eye. you will definately go far and i bet have a blast while doing it too keep up the great work

Old 01-08-2005, 04:43 PM   #74
groovygeckos
ever think that

maybe the RAPTOR is actually a super-snow albino ? i sure think its possible ! .......hmmmmm now how did john mack get trempers bloodline or vice versa ? hmmm ? tremper has had "super-snow albino " listed on his projects page for a long time , until recently !....still lists "snow-albino" though

Old 01-08-2005, 05:35 PM   #75
StinaUIUC
Where would the orange come from in the RAPTORS though?...if the super-snow gene is present shouldn't the orange not show up?

Old 01-08-2005, 06:14 PM   #76
groovygeckos
who knows

my guess is there has to be some color beneath the black-spotting , and the solid jet-black eyes ,that is masked by the melanin

Old 01-08-2005, 06:19 PM   #77
groovygeckos
either that

OR the solid-eye color is NOT exclusive to the SSs (just speculation and my opinions )

Old 01-08-2005, 06:23 PM   #78
groovygeckos
:)

im almost ready to bet on it though lol

Old 01-08-2005, 07:22 PM   #79
StinaUIUC
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovygeckos
my guess is there has to be some color beneath the black-spotting , and the solid jet-black eyes ,that is masked by the melanin
But their base color is pure white with no color whatsoever...the melanin is just in the spots, which are normal spots as far as I can tell...the base color of the RAPTORS may be white underneath...but its mostly covered in orange...there is NO orange on the SS's...and there wouldn't be orange hidden under the spots... Although now thinking about it could be possible that there are 2 genes involved in the SS's that are linked...one controling the striping and solid colored eyes and one controling the expression of other color pigmentation. In that case it's possible that Tremper was able to isolate the gene for striping and eye color. I don't know...just a though...

Old 01-08-2005, 07:43 PM   #80
robin d.
remember christina we are not talking about T- albinos we are talking about T+... so that could esily play a role in the color factor

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!