whos in line for a raptor - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-27-2005, 12:29 AM   #91
groovygeckos
well

we know albino is recessive . some have seen results pointing to co-dom from giant X normal . a het Raptor is an Aptor "het" for Ruby-eyes , either a codom form or recessive trait as far as i know and have not spoke to ron about them for almost two months . he has not mentioned the sale of "het" Raptors. ide beleive that the hypo (super-tangerine ron calls it ) in them and the bright orange heads w/ unusual , highly variable patterning MAY be something genetic . but i would not assume more than 2 of the traits are an actual recessive . so buying the Raptor he is saying you get ALOT of color , albino , giant , hypo ,"patternless" , and the gene for solid-red eyes . picture is of my "super-tangerine " (hypo) striped -albino , that i bought before i even got my APTOR & "hets" . SO if APTOR is just a "super-tangerine" reverse-stripe , (meaning its hypo not a patt.-gene) i would get all APTOR babies from breeding her to my APTOR . correct ? she is even more patternless than he is lol

Old 01-27-2005, 12:39 AM   #92
E2MacPets
Dan (or anyone else that cares to take a shot at this), spell it out for me....

Trait by trait, line by line...

You take a RAPTOR and you breed it to a normal, a wild type leopard gecko. What do you get exactly? What is it that Tremper would promise the offspring look like? What traits would he promise the offspring were heterozygous carriers for?

Now you take two offspring from the above pairing, and you breed them together- what do you get? Please list all the possibilities. Line by line. Trait by Trait.

Old 01-27-2005, 12:55 AM   #93
groovygeckos
steven

im not saying i know what the genetics actually are behind them . just what i am told , and have NOT been promised ever . i bought my APTOR and "hets" just because i like them ,want to test the genetics and would like to hatch a few myself . and im just willing to take the risk that there is more than meets the eye . put it this way . what color do you think the solid-eyes are without the albino gene present ? also why do the 2 new solid-eyed morphs have the same type of spotted-striped pattern to them ? why has ron trempers website mentioned "super snow albino white w/ faint red patterning and red eyes " in the past until recently ? it does still say "snow- albino " though

Old 01-27-2005, 01:13 AM   #94
groovygeckos
guess i cant answer that

i would think the solid - eye gene would be what is most appealing , and if the "patternless" is genetic . only crossing to red-stripe line for now , bet they make some HOT stripes het albino . just have to see what happens . best way if you werent just test breeding would be to breed back to the APTOR or RAPTOR itself (if your looking for production and not results )

Old 01-27-2005, 12:45 PM   #95
groovygeckos
by results i mean

accurate findings of a recessive as opposed to co-dom ,incomplete dominance or selective bred , if you were to breed back to the original mutation . seems to me a simple- mistake that a person can make to assume recessive from breeding an assumed "het" to the homozygous - form (if it were co-dom "hets" and recessive hets give similar ratios that can easily throw you off )if im reading right , incomplete dominance is the one where there is a visible het , so a co-dom "het" is "normal" in appearance. het X het = 25%homozygous %75 "normal" , either way . anyone else read it that way ? so how do you find exactly which one it is ? its a bit confusing , only difference is w/ co-dom the offspring are ALL "hets" as opposed to recessive where youll get poss.-hets . so at a minimum would take a few years to know %100. sound about right ?

Old 01-27-2005, 12:49 PM   #96
groovygeckos
maybe im reading wrong

does a co-dom het X het give any "normals" that do not carry ?

Old 01-27-2005, 01:24 PM   #97
Hues1
If there's any "Super Snow" in Ron's Aptors or Raptors....where the pictures of this "Super Snow" Ron used to incorporate into the "Aptor" or "Raptor" ??? As far as I know Ron only has a very yellow, black eyed leo with no uniform body patterns and a few black spots. No where near what a Mack Super Snow looks like! If Ron had this gene in his line, why introduce it in the form of a albino? doesnt the super snow with black eyes come first? considering the current market value of the "Mack Supers", wouldnt it be more advantageous to sell super snows first and then the super snow albinos? Non the less, sell the "albino snow" for less than what a genetic snow currently goes for...doesnt make any sense. well, actually it does...Ron does not have the same thing as a "Mack Super Snow" in his collection anywhere! That I'd be willing to gamble on.

Old 01-27-2005, 02:29 PM   #98
groovygeckos
hi Alex

it is also a designer w/slight striped spotted pattern (COULD be hypo or APTOR -"patternless") and a striped tail similar to the R/APTOR and Super-Snows patterning . i do not think ron has that exact morph . but he does have something very similar that coincidentally cropped up in 2 larger-breeders collections (as it is told by both ) ! i will keep my view that the pattern and eyes of all are related somewhow . is it possible john ever aquired rons geckos or vice versa ? i tried to e-mail mr. mack when i was looking to purchase snows ,to confirm the morph came from him , and any information he could give me about it as the founder , who NEVER even wrote me back . BTW alex still picking and choosing and blacklisting-individuals with the other breeders about who gets and doesnt get genetic snows ? remember you told me you would not sell to me ? wonder what thats about . i want just a female super -snow to make Giant Snow het Albino with , so let me know when your done sitting on the $3500 a pr. geckos in a year ( or 2 or 3) LOL

Old 01-27-2005, 04:08 PM   #99
Hues1
Hey Dan,
I'll make it really simple for you...you rub people the wrong way and you make a total ass of yourself...go figure why NO ONE wants to sell you any "Mack Snows" ! I count at least 3 people on this particular thread that you've pissed off !

Old 01-27-2005, 04:19 PM   #100
robin d.
i will be quite honest as well dan, your money isnt good with me... go figure i guess its just not me

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!