whos in line for a raptor - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-26-2005, 05:17 PM   #81
Golden Gate Geckos
arrrgghh!

Quote:
I don't think he would want this to turn into another "Giant" situation, so he (RT) must be telling the truth.
I would never accuse Ron Tremper of being a 'liar'... I just think he flat-out doesn't know!
Quote:
...but at least he never gave me dirty sanchez's
Robin, if I recall... YOU gave ME a 'Dirty Sanchez!'

Old 01-26-2005, 05:31 PM   #82
Jeremy Letkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Gate Geckos
I will no longer be reading this thread. I has taken a turn for the worse. Please excuse me while I go LOL
Marcia, I'm going to geuss that you've been walking around for awhile asking people " do you smell something" ?
Now if you'll excuse me I gotta go .

Old 01-26-2005, 05:37 PM   #83
E2MacPets
How about this:

Someone tell me each and every known/identifiable trait that contributes to the RAPTOR morph.

Someone tell me the genetics behind each trait, are they inheritable, simple recessive, codom, etc...

Someone please then tell me what a 'het' RAPTOR would look like and what traits it would carry.

Someone please take this a step further and tell me what the odds are of producing a RAPTOR by breeding two 'het' RAPTORs together.

Thank you.

Old 01-26-2005, 05:42 PM   #84
Chris@TSE
Well hopefully the aptor puzzle isnt too complex, we're currently breeding our male we recieved from A&M to quite a few females, we had many different types not involved in current pairings so we'll attempt every combination we can possibly think of.... Just for the hell of it.....

We will see what pops out, and what happens when they are bred back to the original male. Who knows.... Someone's gotta do it....

Old 01-26-2005, 05:54 PM   #85
Golden Gate Geckos
well...

Quote:
Marcia, I'm going to geuss that you've been walking around for awhile asking people "do you smell something"?
I think I smell a 'rat'... (among other things).

Old 01-26-2005, 06:19 PM   #86
Jeremy Letkey
I am not anti - Ron Tremper. I have great respect for the man. I would however expect everyone of these questions and a few others answered by him in writing before I would purchase an APTOR or a RAPTOR. After the great giant debacle I would expect that he would want to make sure he has proven out this morph so that there would be no doubts. Then again maybe not. Great post Steven. Things that make you go hmmmm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E2MacPets
How about this:

Someone tell me each and every known/identifiable trait that contributes to the RAPTOR morph.

Someone tell me the genetics behind each trait, are they inheritable, simple recessive, codom, etc...

Someone please then tell me what a 'het' RAPTOR would look like and what traits it would carry.

Someone please take this a step further and tell me what the odds are of producing a RAPTOR by breeding two 'het' RAPTORs together.

Thank you.

Old 01-26-2005, 06:21 PM   #87
Chris@TSE
I respect the man for his work and accomplishments with Leopard Geckos, no doubt about it.

As for business\correspondence... well... thats another matter all together.

Old 01-26-2005, 06:55 PM   #88
robin d.
Quote:
yes i did and YOU renamed him... plus and trust me here thats not the same kinda dirty sanchez as per the true definition

Old 01-26-2005, 07:12 PM   #89
groovygeckos
only ron can answer at this point .

but its a "carrothead","carrottail ", "super-tangerine" (hypo) , "patternless" , "giant" or normal - albino , w/ "ruby-eyes" (if its a RAPTOR). ALL said to be "mutations" . had to have a "P" in it to have the name ,right ? . not a patternless IMO since it has a striping and reverse-stripe pattern . but even patties have patterning to them when they are younger . i sorta like the name , and feel he deserved the right to call it whatever he likes , since they ARE almost without a pattern UNLESS the "patternless" is not recessive . ron has had this "patternless gene" for quite some time , and from his projects page ,was being used in this one , the blue- albino , and his SNOW project as well as the Ruby-eyes . before it was simply called "hypo- patternless orange" and the new name just gives it more interest i think .

Old 01-26-2005, 10:02 PM   #90
E2MacPets
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovygeckos
but its a "carrothead","carrottail ", "super-tangerine" (hypo) , "patternless" , "giant" or normal - albino , w/ "ruby-eyes" (if its a RAPTOR). ALL said to be "mutations" . had to have a "P" in it to have the name ,right ? . not a patternless IMO since it has a striping and reverse-stripe pattern . but even patties have patterning to them when they are younger . i sorta like the name , and feel he deserved the right to call it whatever he likes , since they ARE almost without a pattern UNLESS the "patternless" is not recessive . ron has had this "patternless gene" for quite some time , and from his projects page ,was being used in this one , the blue- albino , and his SNOW project as well as the Ruby-eyes . before it was simply called "hypo- patternless orange" and the new name just gives it more interest i think .
Okay so you listed 6-7 traits that Tremper calls "mutations" Are all the traits assumed to be recessive? Prior to Giant I don't believe Ron has claimed any trait to be codom.
So what exactly is a "het" RAPTOR? How much does one sell for?

6-7 recessive traits.... an animal that is "het" for RAPTOR doesn't sound all that appealing to me.

het x het gives a 1 in 4 chance of producing a homozygous animal.
With 6 traits this equates to.... 1 in 4120 chance of producing a RAPTOR from an animal that is het for all the traits involved in producing a RAPTOR

Now granted you may consider that to make purchasing a RAPTOR a great investment, given the rarity that we are theorizing it also means that it is virtually impossible to outcross.... How do you introduce unrelated bloodlines, when you know you won't produce another RAPTOR from outcrossing until you've hatched thousands of eggs. There's no financial return on it, and small time breeders won't see 4000 eggs in their lifetime likely!

So no one will outcross

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!