So, who is jumpin on the "mac snow" band wagon??? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-09-2005, 11:24 AM   #31
groovygeckos
blazings

im not so sure there is a blazing "craze " . maybe to produce them . but i just dont see too many buying blazing blizzards for over a 1000 dollars . maybe that is why they lowered the price ? besides they are babies . probably have an abundance of males . now genetic snows , that is where the potential is at . were talking about creating at least 10 new morphs (probably more im not thinking of right now ) .. the price is high , but there is ALOT that can be done w/ the SSs . what can you do w/ blazing blizzards ? besides produce more , or selectively breed them to be white ,like we thought they would be . i agree w/ chris ! the money is no object , to have got into that project early IMO

Old 02-09-2005, 11:28 AM   #32
Gregg M
Chris, in my post to you, some of the content could be looked at as childish, but you comments to me in the post before that were childish as well..... I just give what I get...... You really need to reflect back on yourself and look at your maturity level when you cant read a post you do not like, without telling someone their opinions are not welcomed..... These are my opinions based of fact...... And I know plenty about investments..... Anyway, I am not knocking anyone for trying to make an "investment" But like I said, dont cry when it falls out or when prices drop...... And do not try to sugar coat your intentions with these mac snows..... Its all about the cash..... Ofcorse there is nothing wrong with wanting to make money breeding reptiles, but atleast be honest about it..... You want to make as much money on a "new morph" as fast as you can, before the market takes a nose dive...... Again, there is not one thing wrong with this...... I, personally, do not buy into it....

For the people that invested a ton of cash into the tremper BBs, all I can say is, you should have known better...... Why am I not upset about these price drops???? Because I do what I do because I enjoy it, not so I can make a ton of quick cash...... If I break even by selling neonates I would be happy.... If I never break even, I am still just as happy.... Hey, I have spent alot of cash on leos, but I never looked at them as investments..... I bought them because I liked what I saw..... You know what I am going to do when I start to produce BBs???? I am going to sell them for 150 bucks each..... LOL..... The only people that will care are those who are looking to get rich on leos......

Old 02-09-2005, 11:37 AM   #33
groovygeckos
Ok

30 morphs my bad (thought about it for a minute) we have
snow albino X3
super snow albino X3
snow blizzard
super snow blizzard
snow blazing X3
super snow blazing X3
patternless snow
patternless super snow
snow PAs X3
super snow PAs X3
hypo snow
super hypo snow
hypo super snow
super hypo super snow
giant snow
giant super snow
giant snow albino
giant super snow albino
did i cover them all yet ? LOL
now how is the price going to drop that fast ?

Old 02-09-2005, 11:38 AM   #34
KelliH
Quote:
The only people that will care are those who are looking to get rich on leos......
Or perhaps those of us that actually just look to make a supplimental income after a decade of working with them, huh. Yeah, we might care too. But I am not too worried about all that stuff really; there is more to being successful and able to sell your geckos than producing a particular morph someone covets. A whole lot more in fact.

*note* You can make a good amount of money breeding leos and still love working with them.

Sometimes I get the distinct feeling that a lot of people do not understand that. But it is true, in a few of us.

Old 02-09-2005, 11:39 AM   #35
groovygeckos
"Mack" snow ...

is nothing more than a stepping stone to me

Old 02-09-2005, 11:41 AM   #36
groovygeckos
Quote:
The only people that will care are those who are looking to get rich on leos......
honestly ? im not so sure about that either

Old 02-09-2005, 11:47 AM   #37
KelliH
snow albino X3
super snow albino X3

Ok, I agree that the super snow albinos will be neat, mainly because of the eyes. The snow albinos will not be anything special will they? Other than hets for the super form?

snow blizzard
super snow blizzard

Hmm, not sure that the snow blizzard would look any different than a regular one, would it? A super snow blizzard might be nice because it MIGHT make the blizzards whiter, and it MIGHT have solid black eyes.

snow blazing X3
super snow blazing X3

Same as for blizzard except eyes would be pink or red.

patternless snow
patternless super snow

Ok, now how is the snow going to do anything for the patternless? Except with the eyes. Maybe I am missing something, it happens sometimes, so explain!

snow PAs X3
super snow PAs X3

See above on patternless.

hypo snow
super hypo snow
hypo super snow
super hypo super snow

I can't see how combining the snow or super snow to a hypo would do anything cool. Eventually you are going to end up with a super hypo. Oh yeah, the eyes...

giant snow
giant super snow
giant snow albino
giant super snow albino

The giant snows will look exactly like the others, only a bit larger, right? And the Giant albinos will look just like the regular ones, but a little bigger?

Please someone explain to me what I am not understanding about this morph! Yes I think it will be cool in the albino form but I do not see how combining with the other morphs is going to produce anything that special or different. I honestly don't!

Old 02-09-2005, 11:58 AM   #38
groovygeckos
well ...

just have to wait and see what happens kelli . theres a few of those i wouldnt even try. just possibilities . do i ever want to see a patternless super snow ? NO ! or a baldy ? well Maybe ! just something to play with the way i see it . a few of the combos could end up looking the same (solid white ) . who knows ? well the "het"-form doesnt look very "normal" or plain . i think there will be some differences between the snow and super-snow combinations . what do you think will happen ? w snow X stripe ?

Old 02-09-2005, 12:01 PM   #39
KelliH
Yeah, I agree it would be fun to find out. And please, no one think I am knocking the Mack snows or saying they are not a good morph to get into or whatever. I truly just do not see all that much potential, even if they do end up being a true axanthic, which I don't believe has been proven yet, or has it? Maybe Alex or Jodi can shed some light on that, I don't know.

Old 02-09-2005, 12:02 PM   #40
groovygeckos
what do solid black eyes look like

when combined w/ albino genes ? what color is beneath the black ? hmmmm

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!