Why do people....... More..... - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-19-2005, 09:00 PM   #81
Tripple H Herps
Quote:
im thinking it was just an educated guess, I dont think they could put a date on the day earth became a real planet. well everyone thanks for the great conversation , i wish this site had more of this!
-Yeah actually this was real nice. I end up trying to talk to my wife or even call up my family, and I end up doing all the talking. Its like you know they are making fun of you behind the phone...lol. Its nice to hear different views, and educated defenses of there statements.

Old 02-19-2005, 09:02 PM   #82
Vince
since your brought humans into it, check this out its a pretty good read.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=42940

Old 02-19-2005, 09:03 PM   #83
Vince
its about a major antroplogyst that fabricated things about human ancesters.

Old 02-19-2005, 09:09 PM   #84
Tripple H Herps
I read the article. It's is to bad he did that. It tends to give me and other "evolutionists" bad names. Its kind of like, that person who was feeding cats and dogs to his python. It tends to leave a foul taste in many peoples mouths about herp owners.
Jim

Old 02-19-2005, 09:44 PM   #85
montezuma
Instinct requires no thought. Emotions are your resulting feelings because of thought.

Old 02-19-2005, 09:50 PM   #86
Gregg M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripple H Herps
Maybe they are missing the part that controls emotions, simply because there brain is to simple & the emotions they feel are to simple to even need a specialized part. Rather it is enabled in the part that contains instinct/actions?? Keep in mind, only birds surpass reptiles as to being closer to the Dinosaurs on the evolutionary chain.......
Do I think your statement is stupid???? Not at all.... Infact I agree with you for the most part..... The thing I am having trouble with would be the statement about emotions and instinct being in the same part of the brain....
That would mean that humans have taken a huge leap backwards on the evolutionary scale..... Here is my theory why....LOL..... Animals and people evolve to be more advanced or suited for life with the least amount of biological cost..... Now what I mean by biological cost, I mean the least amount of tissue mass..... Now if a brain can be real small and be able to control functions of emotion and instinct in the same part of the brain, would it not occur to you that the more advanced you were the smaller your brain would be???? This is clearly not the case..... The bigger your bain is or the more sections of the brain you have the more advanced you are in most cases..... I hope I made scence in my ramblings....LOL

Old 02-19-2005, 09:53 PM   #87
Gregg M
Oh and I happen to believe that dinos were not reptiles at all..... There is really nothing reptilian about them.... Infact there have been some species of dinos that have been found with feathers...... And like Vince has pointed out, their skeletons are much more bird like than reptilian like.....

Old 02-19-2005, 10:11 PM   #88
Tripple H Herps
Quote:
That would mean that humans have taken a huge leap backwards on the evolutionary scale..... Here is my theory why....LOL..... Animals and people evolve to be more advanced or suited for life with the least amount of biological cost..... Now what I mean by biological cost, I mean the least amount of tissue mass..... Now if a brain can be real small and be able to control functions of emotion and instinct in the same part of the brain, would it not occur to you that the more advanced you were the smaller your brain would be???? This is clearly not the case..... The bigger your bain is or the more sections of the brain you have the more advanced you are in most cases..... I hope I made scence in my ramblings....LOL
-Very true. I did in fact think that the smaller the brain was with even more specialized parts for more things would be in fact more advanced. However I also said my reasoning would be hard to explain by typing. I came to my "theory" with the thought of very very simple "emotions" playing into roles that are characterized by actions according to an outside stimuli. Another words, what we as humans see as emotions, a reptile might feel as well. However the way it is delivered in the brain might be different from other animals. For instance, my bearded dragon. Now the bearded lost its color when I was gone and brightened up when I was there. The animal MIGHT have seen me as a care provider, the person that feeds it, gives it water..etc. When not seeing me, it thought it lost its feeding privileges?? This kind of “reaction” in the brain would be much simpler then getting “sad” however in essence it would still be getting “sad” just in a more primitive form. I.E. emotions that are characterized and expressed in simple actions and thought patterns rather then true “emotions.” Now I can’t say the bearded is a perfect example of what I am trying to say, but it is something that people can relate with in order to understand the goal of all my rambling..lol

Old 02-19-2005, 10:17 PM   #89
montezuma
1st off.. I hate that when you respond to something and there are 2 or 3 more pages you didn't see and your answer falls in somewhere that the main topic has just disappeared!

2nd off... just to see the response...

If humans evolved from monkeys and apes... why are there still monkeys and apes?

Old 02-19-2005, 10:31 PM   #90
leaftail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripple H Herps
For instance, my bearded dragon. Now the bearded lost its color when I was gone and brightened up when I was there. The animal MIGHT have seen me as a care provider, the person that feeds it, gives it water..etc. When not seeing me, it thought it lost its feeding privileges?? This kind of “reaction” in the brain would be much simpler then getting “sad” however in essence it would still be getting “sad” just in a more primitive form. I.E. emotions that are characterized and expressed in simple actions and thought patterns rather then true “emotions.”
Yes! that's what I mean when I say "simple emotions". If I say my leos "like" me, I mean they feel relatively secure about being handled by me and they associate me with positive things like getting fed. If you don't want to call those things "emotions", then we're all just arguing over semantics I guess.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!