To the Texas clan (and everyone else) - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-15-2005, 11:08 PM   #51
Monte
I don't worry about you . . .

. . . I worry about my own children.

What you feel is OK to feed your mind is your parents responsibility, not mine.

I'm just expressing my opinion, that's all.

Besides, I have kids older than you - I have the right to opine . . . hehe

Old 03-15-2005, 11:20 PM   #52
ChuUtena
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
Interestingly enough, this is the FIRST mention of kids that I know of. If there was another I missed it entirely.

I would disagree with your view on what gets the leopard gecko forum its reputation as exclusive but, as things have worked out well enough in the end, I'm willing to let it go.
I think no one mentioned kids right away because most of us who are die-hard leo forums junkies just KNOW that there are a lot of kids who are using the forum. Someone probably should have mentioned them sooner instead assuming everyone knows about them.

Old 03-15-2005, 11:24 PM   #53
montezuma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Gecko
I'm 15, Does that make me a kid? LOL Don't worry...I'm not exposed to anything worse on this site than at any normal high school, including mine.
I agree with you but the point is that this is not the place. We try to be civilized and keep our discussions(even the heated ones) from erupting beyond a level that can be seen and read by our youth. Leopard Gecko forums especially should maintain a Disney level decency due to the higher levels of juvies and kids that have an interest in them.
Some may call it prude but in Leopard geckos we need to make sure we are "child friendly"

And yes, at 15 you should not be subjected to "unnecessary roughness" either!

Old 03-15-2005, 11:29 PM   #54
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by montezuma
I agree with you but the point is that this is not the place. We try to be civilized and keep our discussions(even the heated ones) from erupting beyond a level that can be seen and read by our youth. Leopard Gecko forums especially should maintain a Disney level decency due to the higher levels of juvies and kids that have an interest in them.
Some may call it prude but in Leopard geckos we need to make sure we are "child friendly"

And yes, at 15 you should not be subjected to "unnecessary roughness" either!
With this I am in complete concurrence.

Old 03-15-2005, 11:42 PM   #55
surfrkidts
Well, i was told to read this thread for a kick by some of my friends. Due to recent happenings I will put a disclaimer on this post right now. If my words offend you in any way, thats not what i meant. Its kinda hard to type emotion... but anyways. Sign here: x_______________

thank you for signing. I would just like to say from going over EVERY post in this thread that people do seem to take both sides immediatly. You are either for it or against it. I noticed as soon as I came to the leopard gecko communit that is was very closely knit, which can be a good thing, but thats no need to get in a fight.

Heres the thing that bugs me. In all of my years on the cornsnake forums, (also hosted by rich *thanks rich*) i have made many friends, and never gotten a negative reputation point (that I can remember). Sometimes we got in fights but we didn't act like children and punish eachother by clicking little buttons. People in general need to chill about talking on the internet. Writing is one of the hardest forms of communication there is because of the lack of visible emotion. As soon as I came into this forum I could tell that there were people who took things personally and probably wouldn't like me, and people who I hope will be friends in the herp trade forever. All I ask is to STOP playing with the negative points. If you have to argue, then by god do it, but rep is ridiculous. I was glad when Rish took off the rep points on Cornsnakes and in many ways I wish he would do it here because it seems that if you say somthing someone barely disagrees with, neg points start flying. Thanks for listening to me banter in my bad english and even worse spelling but I hope some of you can grasp my point.

Old 03-15-2005, 11:49 PM   #56
Wilomn
From the mouths of babes.

Like I said earlier, Kid, had you not told me how old you were I would not have guessed you were so young.

Keep up the good work, you're on the road to rising stardom.

Old 03-15-2005, 11:58 PM   #57
surfrkidts
pffft, babe. you should see my resume

Old 03-16-2005, 12:16 AM   #58
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrkidts
pffft, babe. you should see my resume
Do you even HAVE a resume? At 16 I didn't even know what one was.

Old 03-16-2005, 12:26 AM   #59
surfrkidts
hehe, it may be a little nerdy, but i do! and i already have a couple California Honors Society and Valedictorian on it!

Old 03-16-2005, 08:18 AM   #60
robin d.
Quote:
I am compelled to post my heartfelt apology to Lucille and others for the obvious misinterpretation of her intentions in her 'invitation' to the Texas Party
marcia, you have no reason to be appologizing.
i did not mention kids in any of my posts but i sure advised Lucille of it in some rep points (or i tried to but i dont know if it let me write everything down)
$25 bucks gets you acess to HELL not age verification
i do not think this is the first post connected to leud things and i know of at least one other lucille has been apart.
Lucile while i think you are nice enough. i think you should think before hitting the send key.
i may have however many points or this or that (because i know what people are going to think) but every single post i knew i was going to get points for prior to hitting the send button, sure i have said inappropriate things (i am FAR from an angel) but i try to keep it where it belongs... even if its a butt chewin on the leo forum, boi, hell, boa forum WHEREVER... but i try to keep it in its proper place
as far as the rep points whats the big deal? it;s like a$$ smackin in football just there to boost your ego and make you feel like a good guy... its all about reputation and ego... who really cares?
anyways thats all i got to say....
oh and wait marcia and kelli did one of you just smack my glute? better watch out that thing is dangerous. I had tacos last night

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!