the AMAZING (so called) 16X het - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: would you consider Ron Trempers marketing methods to be blatenly dihonest?
DUH! ive known this for years! 21 25.93%
he may stretch the truth but ill still buy a nice albino from him. 31 38.27%
leave the guy alone. hes done alot for the leopard gecko community! 17 20.99%
ron tremper is the patron saint of the leopard gecko world. 2 2.47%
the 16X het is real. youre just dumb. 10 12.35%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2005, 03:28 PM   #51
robin d.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte
That last post sounds crabbier than I meant it to be.

I DO get tired of the constant picking at RT. Geez - get your own business - run it the way you want.

See, I'm starting to sound negative again.

I got to get back outside. It's only 70 in Minnesota for a couple hours a year . . .
that 666 is coming out man LOL

Quote:
Speaking of low blows . . .

Like I said earlier - sorry - it was more harsh than I intended. But i do think that lots of leo people have a major jealousy problem when it comes to RT. How come I can understand what he is saying?

Anyway - it's all good. I like all you guys - although i still think Gregg uses way too many ellipsis.

BTW Gregg, if you would actually pick up an english text, you would know that you are NOT using ellipsis correctly. It might be good if you wouldn't use things unless you really know how to use them.

Sound familiar?

hehe . . .

Man - I'm STIRRING the pot today. It's all in good fun!!!

Signed,

The Hippie . . .

PS - for those of you who don't know, an ellipsis is "a handy device when you're quoting material and you want to omit some words. The ellipsis consists of three evenly spaced dots (periods) with spaces between the ellipsis and surrounding letters or other marks."
oohhhh thats even crabbier LOL monte ummm go lay in that hot 70 degree weather and try and get some sun while it's there, you grumpy hippie
=P

Old 05-23-2005, 03:31 PM   #52
Monte
Robin - if I want any crap out of you - i'll squeeze your head. LOL.

I'm just feeling particularly saucy this day. It's actually warm and sunny out.

Tomorrow is supposed to rain again.

I need to order my fainting goats - my lawn is so stinking long.

Hey Chad - you you think I can get ahold any of those 16x het fainting goats?

Old 05-23-2005, 03:47 PM   #53
KelliH
Quote:
If you really want to start picking at words - then lets start off on all your webpages which say "We are not a big business - we are a small facililty so we can give them the very best care available." If I see that one more time I just might puke.
Whoa! Monte, I'm surprised at you! Would you prefer, "We are a big mega-breeder that will say or do anything for a sale, you know, whatever it takes to pay for the kids private school tuition and our annual 2 week vacation to a tropical island. And don't ask us how we care for our geckos, we are a big mega-breeder and do not have to answer to a lowly wanna be such as yourself. PS. Shop at PetSmart!"

Now... I will say this, you may or may not find it relevant. I used to have some geckos that were produced by David Nieves. He had been inbreeding his leos for 6-7 years by the time I worked with them. I would produce all kinds of leos from one male bred to 2-3 different females: jungles, stripes, tangs, pastels, high yellows. Several different morphs from one colony. So I believe that Tremper's male, bred to the right females (that also must come from Tremper) may throw several different pattern variations. But there is no way someone could take that male and breed it to their normal females, hold back babies, breed them back to dad and expect to produce 16 different traits. It does not work that way.

Old 05-23-2005, 03:48 PM   #54
robin d.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte
Robin - if I want any crap out of you - i'll squeeze your head. LOL.
shoot monte if thats the case, no need for squeezing, all ya got to do is ask... geeeez

Quote:
I'm just feeling particularly saucy this day. It's actually warm and sunny out.

Tomorrow is supposed to rain again.

I need to order my fainting goats - my lawn is so stinking long.

Hey Chad - you you think I can get ahold any of those 16x het fainting goats?
ummm 70 fegrees i think is too cool for fainnting goats

Old 05-23-2005, 04:29 PM   #55
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablohogs
why would i want to do that? you think i pointed out this animal because im jealous of ron tremper. please!

i have a problem with the claim that this animal could reproduce 16 different morphs when bred to an animal of its like. its not true.

i agree with fred. and it could have been anyone making such a ridiculous claim and i would have reacted the same.

i would prefer that EVERYONE in leopard geckos felt like they at least had to back up any claims with factual evidence.

the fact that that animal is priced at what some of you have said is a reasonable price is completely besides the point. if someone was selling a brand new car for 10000 and claiming it has power locks, power doors, cd player, airbags, ect... and you get it home its a base model with nice rims... is it really okay for the sales man to say... "well try finding another brand new car for 10000 the rims alone are worth 2 grand!"? but i guess were used to that with car dealers. maybe well have to get used to it with leopard gecko breeders too.

imagine the person who bought that animal thinking he could reproduce 16 MORPHS with it. just the BUZZ WORD "MORPHS" is enough to attract somone to that animal. AND SIXTEEN?! WOW!

who cares weather or not it is fairly priced. it was 500 dollars! think of what other animal that person could have bought. furthermore would that animal have sold if it wasnt a 16X het? how well is the high yellow jungle giant market doing anyway?

anyways why would a 100+ gram super giant be anything special? it IS a genetic morph right? A SINGLE LOCUS GENETIC MORPH? and doesnt he say all super giant males reach 100+ grams by 1 year of age?

you should be thanking me for bringing this to your attention. not treating me as if im some jealous person hellbent on tarnishing ron trempers name.

ive bought animals from ron tremper. 3 of them (about $1000 worth). i was also interested in the sulcatas he produced. why would i have any personal vendetta against him? i dont know him.

JUST REMEMBER... while i may breed geckos (on a MUCH smaller scale) i am still a customer and i am complaining as such. not as ron trempers peer or collegue but as a CUSTOMER.

i would suggest that you dont buy any morphs that arent proven out. some people out there want to call every little detail of thier animal a morph without any proof that it is a inheritable trait.

i bought 3 giants from him. all of which were purchased under the premise that they were carrying a recessive gene for GIANT (i was emailed months later explaining it was in fact a codominant trait, according to ron tremper).

one of which was sold to me as het for JUNGLE. het for what? jungle? since when is jungle a single locus trait??

so its not like i havnt been affected by ron trempers habit of calling anything he wants a morph.

my advice to everyone out there...if it seems too good to be true... it probably is.

HEY Marcia, I think I found one of your "boys" here. Seems this one thinks HE is in charge of how people SHOULD do business. LOL

Best to keep in mind that while you ARE entitled to YOUR opinion, YOU do NOT have the right, obligation or POWER to make it anyone elses.

If you don't like what Ron, or anyone else does to market their animals, that's fine, speak up and say so. However, going all righteous about it and claiming that because YOU can't prove it and because YOU don't believe it, it MUST be a lie is just a tad far-fetched.

When YOU can prove he's a liar, THEN you will have EVERY right to do so. As of now, YOU don't and YOU shouldn't. You're beginning to take that downward spiral towards diaperland, the place where ALL crybabies wind up.

If you've got NO facts, as it seems you do not, either find some or lighten up.

I'm NOT defending Ron, he may or may not be correct in his claim; frankly I neither know nor care only because I don't work with leos to the extent that it impacts me directly. If he IS lying that is another matter entirely and one that I would care about. I find it hard to believe that he would lie about this.

Prove he's lying and I'm behind you 100%. Keep spewing without facts and my patience, which has worn thin already, will evaporate entirely.

Edit:

For some reason when I was replying previously I did not read the entire post. Don't know how I got sidetracked but I missed it.

In the interest of completion I will leave this here with this bit of explanation-
It would seem that Chad does have some facts to back up his feelings of non-honesty on Ron's part.

I don't have any facts to contribute, just a gut feeling. I don't think, or maybe I just don't want to think, that Ron is intentionally lying.

I would still like more facts, both from Chad and Ron.

Sorry Chad.

Old 05-23-2005, 05:37 PM   #56
Gregg M
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
HEY Marcia, I think I found one of your "boys" here. Seems this one thinks HE is in charge of how people SHOULD do business. LOL
Wes, I dont think he is telling anyone how to do anything..... This is what happens when people misunderstand what someone is saying......

Chad simply stated his opinion and his opinion is justified...... RT does not have the cleanest rep and he has been know to not be sure of his own genetic mutations and to bend the truth a bit as well......

Plus the fact, there is a buisiness ethic in question here as well as the animal..... The way I see it, Chad can say what ever he wants without having to deal with people saying he is trying to be righteous..... Wouldnt you rather deal with someone who has great buisiness ethics ans who care more about the animal than they do money????

I respect you and your opinion Wes, but the quote above is not real funny and it has no substance to it......

Old 05-23-2005, 05:58 PM   #57
Wilomn
The quote above was in reference to the party debacle that took place a few weeks ago and was intended with humor, hence the LOL.

I also missed part of Chad's post and have edited mine accordingly. Check it out.

Old 05-23-2005, 07:26 PM   #58
montezuma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg M
In all honesty Monte, I like you and you have some good info, but what the hell does the way I type have anything to do with the genetics we are talking about and RTs ethics???? I was also not the only one that found a huge fault in Genes post about how these so called multi het leos are made.....
BEEP BEEP BEEP... back the truck up there bud. Did I say "hets"? Nope.

Old 05-23-2005, 07:30 PM   #59
Monte
Quote:
Originally Posted by montezuma
BEEP BEEP BEEP... back the truck up there bud. Did I say "hets"? Nope.
Look out. Gene is backpedalling harder than a Defensive end working against Randy Moss.

LOL.

I hear ya, Gene - we can't let these punks push us around!!!

hehe

Old 05-23-2005, 08:04 PM   #60
diablohogs
Quote:
Prove he's lying and I'm behind you 100%. Keep spewing without facts and my patience, which has worn thin already, will evaporate entirely.
okay wes, you must have failed to read my posts earlier in this thread.

there are not 16 morphs in leopard geckos making it impossible to make a animal that "carries the genes for 16 different leopard gecko morphs". proven. you got my back yet wes? okay well how bout the fact that he'd have to cross a super giant jungle to a super giant jungle that also carried 14 other homozygous morphs between them to claim 100% that the offspring was in fact what he said it was.

Quote:
I'm NOT defending Ron, he may or may not be correct in his claim; frankly I neither know nor care only because I don't work with leos to the extent that it impacts me directly.
interesting.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!