Silkworms as a staple diet? - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-19-2005, 09:38 AM   #51
USAGECKOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Haines
If they are using a spam blocker then it is possible that they have yet to tweak the preferences or have too aggressive of a score set. Let us know what happens after you call.
I replied to one of their emails that they sent me, why would a spam blocker see that as spam? And, why was I able to send them emails the last 2 days with no problem. I doubt it is because of a spam blocker.

Old 08-19-2005, 10:06 AM   #52
Matt Haines
I may not know much but it is in fact because of a spam blocker, in this case qmail-scanner. That is the reason for that particular error message and she will most likely have to "lighten" up on it's security.

This is what $13,000 of tech classes in network infrastructure and engineering will get you.

Old 08-19-2005, 10:12 AM   #53
USAGECKOS
Then why is it that my emails got through every other day? Why did her spam blocker block me emails today and not yesterday, the day before, and Friday?

Not arguing, just curious how this can be

Old 08-19-2005, 10:19 AM   #54
Matt Haines
To figure that out specifically I would need to check your message against a long list of rules that the program uses to decipher spam. Of course the easiest answer would be that she blacklisted you but I will not be so presumptuous and would hope she dare not make such a large mistake this early in the game. I will break out my list and see if I can figure out why it would have been blocked.

Old 08-19-2005, 10:39 AM   #55
USAGECKOS
I left her a vm to call me back.

Well, I just got the Silkworms (3 days late), and I can still say that I won't be ordering from them again. They sent the silkworms in a sealed box with a bunch of air holes pocked in the top. Then they placed that box in another USPS box. When I opened the box that the silkworms were in I almost threw up from the smell, it is horrid! There are a few dead ones, but there is also this red stuff smushed all over the paper towel and the box, and the worms. It is a gross site, I wish I had a camera on me to post a picture.

Old 08-19-2005, 11:31 AM   #56
USAGECKOS
Well, I just got off the phone with Pam. She explained to me that she is away this week until Tuesday and she has some other people shipping her worms out, and one of the employees contaminated my worms and that is why my shipment has red stuff and dead worms. She is going to be back on Tuesday and shipping out replacements (I wasn't the only person that complained).

Old 08-19-2005, 12:01 PM   #57
groovygeckos
Contaminated them ? What is the red stuff ? Is the inside box OK ? Sounds like it may have been placed in a second box ,maybe by the post office . The smell possibly(?) ,just a thought , i know they dont smell too pleasent when some of them die . Always seems to be a few die offs during shipping . Very interested to see my order now of 500 large LOL

Old 08-19-2005, 12:22 PM   #58
USAGECKOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovygeckos
Contaminated them ? What is the red stuff ? Is the inside box OK ? Sounds like it may have been placed in a second box ,maybe by the post office . The smell possibly(?) ,just a thought , i know they dont smell too pleasent when some of them die . Always seems to be a few die offs during shipping . Very interested to see my order now of 500 large LOL
The post office didn't put them in another box, her employee's did. They put the Silks in a small brown box with a paper towel, fully sealed the box, put a bunch of small holes in the top of the box. Then, they put that box in another box (USPS Flat Rate Box) with a cold pack and shipped it that way.

From speaking to Pam, she told me that Silks don't have immune systems, so if you have bacteria on your hands and touch the silks they die of contamination. When silks die from contamination, they ooze red stuff or something like that, but if they die of heat, they die a brown color.

I think the bad smell is from the silks dying of contamination.

I will get a picture of the box when I get home.

Old 08-19-2005, 10:00 PM   #59
montezuma
Sorry but I am lazy... who was this from again?

Old 08-20-2005, 12:43 AM   #60
Matt Haines
The worms came from silkwormwholesale.com.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!