Cut throat TT debate (not for the weak of heart!) - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-09-2006, 05:17 PM   #91
WindyO
Sorry Stephanie but i have a day job. You posted me at 11:48 and then in the afternoon. You need to give me a little time for responses.

Old 01-09-2006, 05:45 PM   #92
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyO
Stephanie, those weren't the prices i had seen before. It was going to cost me a couple hundred to do my breeders and then additional for each hatchling. I know your time and product is worth money but this would drive up the prices to cover your costs. It is hard selling them for what i do now. So what i am saying is this isn't an option for me. I think it is a great idea. I would love to be able to follow bloodlines on line with pictures. That would be amazing! I just can't afford it.
The prices have always been the same...

Link to the original fees page -

http://www.leopardgeckoregistry.com/fees.html

Hasn't been edited since the opening of the site...Until the new update which will offer additional options...

I think you might have looked at the prices for the cmpregistry.com which does range from $10-500 a pop dependent upon their options.

If haveing your breeders registered for free isn't an option for you for financial reasons, I will be happy to remove you from the LGR Breeder List at your request. If however you still want to be listed as an LGR Registered Breeder, your Breeder Cert and information folder will be in the mail shortly.

Old 01-09-2006, 05:53 PM   #93
WindyO
I guess i was wrong. So tell me then how much would it cost me to register 17 breeders and all of their offspring this year? I am guessing they will give me about 80 geckos this year.

Old 01-09-2006, 06:14 PM   #94
WindyO
You may not agree with anything i say but you can't deny that these breeders deserve respect. Albeys,A&M,Golden Gate,HISS,Urban, and others have put in the time . I just bought my way in. But i did the research first. I studied their animals and patterns to learn from them. Line bred geckos don't always come out as planned. So just because he looks good it doesn't always transfer to its offspring. They perfected their bloodlines and produce quality geckos.So too me each time you reach that new exspectation it is like getting that morph. Morphs are just luck. These are work and patience.

Old 01-09-2006, 06:30 PM   #95
Jeremy Letkey
Quote:
Morphs are just luck.
Brian, I would have to disagree with this statement. While the linebred animals require work, so do the other morphs. If you think that I just got lucky in producing a new morph than you are mistaken. While luck does play a part, I spent the last 5 years selectively breeding my animals just like any linebred project.

Old 01-09-2006, 06:53 PM   #96
WindyO
Jeremy didn't you use a line bred (red stripe) in them? Which would explain the selective breeding. I am referring to albino,patternless,and mack snows. I was unaware that stripes were a morph.

Old 01-09-2006, 07:23 PM   #97
g&mgeckos
Well I have just been reading on this thread for the last couple of days. I think for the most part it as been a great thread.

Quote:
You may not agree with anything i say but you can't deny that these breeders deserve respect. Albeys,A&M,Golden Gate,HISS,Urban, and others have put in the time .
This is so true! They do deserve much respect. All have done so much for all of us to enjoy!

Quote:
Morphs are just luck. These are work and patience.
Now this I think is disrespectful to the above mentioned and others. While luck is a big part of it there is alot of research and hard work sometimes for years (as Jeremy mentioned) before the morph or line breed trait emerges as was invisioned at the beginning of it all. Do you think Kelli just has awesome tangs? Or Alberto's Tremper's were just luck? How about Marcia's patternless? There as been years of work put into those lines and that's what you see. I don't mean to sound negative and I am sorry if I do you just seem to be riding both sides sometimes.

Old 01-09-2006, 07:33 PM   #98
Jeremy Letkey
Even simple recessive traits are selectivly bred to produce the best possible babies. Hence, any project requires a lot of work.

Old 01-09-2006, 07:41 PM   #99
KelliH
This is a great discussion. Brian I know what you mean about the recessive traits being more luck than anything. But I have to say that those projects take a lot of time and effort! I counted my Bell Blazing project animals last night and stopped counting when I got to 43 LOL. That one project is taking up more time and space than any of my others, and it is definitely more frustrating and much harder than the line bred stuff I have worked on.

About the TT stuff.. well, it's pretty much all been said. I know that me personally, I would never call any of my animals "Tangerine Tornados", one because they are not from Craig's TT bloodline (he did coin the name) and two, it sounds kinda hokey (no offense Craig)! I'll stick to the simple "super hypo tang" "super hypo tang carrottail" labels.

Old 01-09-2006, 08:25 PM   #100
LeosForLess
Talking

I just had to get post # 100 BTW nice thread, i do kinda agree with Brian tho that recessive trait breeding is mostly luck. Depending on what your dealing with its luck. Look at RT and the aptors. 1/900 eggs hatched out aptor

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!