Cut throat TT debate (not for the weak of heart!) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-08-2006, 01:29 AM   #41
Lguy598
Good thread!! I am not usually one to post (more of a watcher) but this one has got me thinking!!!
Quote:
Groovy Geckos-
Call them A+, call them, 5 or 6 stars, maybe something thats allready being used?... But being different will only cause even more confusion, everyone here even agrees on that much. LOL
I disagree, to make it you have to be different. You have to have something that stands out or you won't be at the top. I do agree that it can get a little confusing mainly with the letters SHT being thrown around in the leo world, but how many people produce SHTCT, SHT, T, HT, SHTCTB, CT? Alot and every breeding season there will be 1000's more on the market. So in my opinion the only way to avoid confusion is to be different. When you talk about a TT what breeder comes to mind??? TUG, when you talk about hybinos what breeder comes to mind??? HISSS. There's a pattern here and thats why these guys are on top. Whether it be a marketing strategy(TT=pure gold) or a legitimate new morph if you're different you stand out and remove yourself from the confusion. Lets be honest here, as much as people would like to refer to TT's as really nice SHT, its different and the bottom line to all of this debate of some one producing geckos of the same calibre as an UG TT or a HISS hybino is simply this question: HOW MANY OF US CAN GET $1500 US FOR A GECKO?? The answer would be only a select few and everyone knows who they are. I have seen a TT in person and I can honestly say they look incredible!
As far as a standardization goes: will never happen. Alot of the reasons why have been explained and this market is always changing, every season so the standard would have to change every season too and that just seems like a pain in the a@#!!!!
Thats it for me,
Drew

Old 01-08-2006, 01:29 AM   #42
A_Kendergirl
You're just looking to fight someone. No one said your idea sucks...it's just impractical due to how we already know people don't follow the existing "rules".

Old 01-08-2006, 08:49 AM   #43
WindyO
Nice post Drew. I am curious though why would the standards have to change every year?

Old 01-08-2006, 09:15 AM   #44
Dan Lubinsky
Being a categorizing kinda person, I like the idea of specific names, ratings etc. though I just don't see it happening. A few weeks back there was a post showing a pic of what looked to me to be an orange-yellow SHT that was said to be a TT from Craig. It's just too subjective. What do the rest of us mere mortals do when we hatch something comparable from completely unrelated bloodlines, do we call them TTs or tack on yet another name ? Then when they're the next level of orange or hopefully actually red do they become TTRs ? pictured, HGTT and HQRSTT
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2006, 09:33 AM   #45
WindyO
My favorite thing about this thread is that people keep posting pics of their amazing geckos. That first one that Dan posted would stop traffic. Anyway Dan that was my point. I don't think it is right to call them TT's even if they are equal in colors. That is from a specific bloodline. I was thinking of a uniform system for everyone. Just a one letter addition to the tag SHT. When you get to the next level you drop the old letter and put in the new one. SHTY for the yellows, SHTO for the oranges, SHTR for red. It is simple and doesn't give anyone individual credit. We could all agree on a paint color from home depot and they would have to be better than that color to receive the tag.

Old 01-08-2006, 09:34 AM   #46
WindyO
Dan , do you have anymore like that top pic you would be willing to seperate with?

Old 01-08-2006, 09:40 AM   #47
snowgyre
Well, I've said all I can say, and I think most of the others have said what they want to say. Like Shanti said, seems like you're trying to stir up a fight that just ain't coming. This topic isn't hot, so emotions won't be hot. Start talking about something else, like doctored pics, and then you'll see emotions boiling.

I'm done commenting on this issue since my opinions seem to be falling upon deaf ears. It's obvious you intend to implement this despite all the advice from the others. Personally, I don't really see why you initiated this thread if you keep using the same justification over and over and over again, blowing off people who are telling you it's probably not going to work. Others have tried this before and it never took off. I don't understand what makes you think your idea is so special when it's been tried already!

Anyways, don't expect me to comment on this any more. I'm a little irritated, not at the topic at hand, but at the topic creator for being pretty close-minded to outside opinion. That is all.

PS. If all you want to see are pictures, go to the breeder's official websites, for Pete's sake.

Old 01-08-2006, 09:47 AM   #48
Dan Lubinsky
I do like the Crayola crayon idea, the jumbo pack should cover all the bases. Off to Target.

Old 01-08-2006, 10:28 AM   #49
Jeremy Letkey
Brian, as far as adding a letter. I don't think that the y=yellow, o= orange and r=red thing is bad. However it is already in place. SH = yellow, super hypo tang = orange. Nobody has produced a true red as of yet. There are a few that are close but not quite there yet. Maybe we could call those ones that are really close super hypo
super tangs. That should make things even more confusing. LOL

Like I said a grading system would be great but gosh darn it some people like vanilla and some people like strawberry. Then their is the person who says what no chocolate?
NO way to get everyone to agree.

Old 01-08-2006, 01:14 PM   #50
LeosForLess
I like Cookies And Cream

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!