Cut throat TT debate (not for the weak of heart!) - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-08-2006, 08:17 PM   #71
wsmitty
What the heck is "razzmatazz"?!..........just kidding Dan. Awesome Geckos.

Wayne

Old 01-08-2006, 09:05 PM   #72
WindyO
I like the thought just not the price for your registry. I can't afford to pay you to record all of my breeders. Maybe the big breeders can but your prices are a little steep. Also the descriptions are vague and leave to much room for interpretation. Which is what i was trying to eliminate in the first place. Good luck with it.

Old 01-08-2006, 09:10 PM   #73
WindyO
Sorry Vanessa, i was trying to disagree on this with something like what, 10 or 12 people at one time. I am a slow typer and my spelling and grammar are horrible. Even with spell check i had to work to reply to the everyone. This was after all a fly by he seat of my paints subject. So all my thoughts and opinions were instant. Not that any of them changed.(LOL)

Old 01-08-2006, 09:15 PM   #74
WindyO
Paul please look at one of my earlier posts. I am sorry if this sounds rude or lazy but i don't think i could explain anything again. I am completely drained.

Old 01-08-2006, 09:27 PM   #75
Jeremy Letkey
Hey Brian, you never answered my question.

Even if we as a whole, were to set and agree on standards, do you think that every person who breeds and or sells geckos could follow it without any confusion?

Old 01-08-2006, 09:35 PM   #76
WindyO
This is a question for Dan. What do you call disagreeing with someone while trying to prove their point wrong or flawed. I am thinking you must be single because my wife would tell me to quit arguing with her. I don't know if you are offended by the word but i have no problem with our discussions here. This is been a lot of fun. Now the reason i said % was that with the bands they can and often do have color variations on them. I have a couple that have no spots and half of their body is a reddish orange.Now if someone can't tell what half of their body color is they aren't that into Leos to begin with. Just go to any forum and post a picture of the animal in question and people will climb over each other to tell you what you do and don't have.

Old 01-08-2006, 09:41 PM   #77
WindyO
The Leos that are commonly named SHT from my own experience are yellow with a orange hue.Some might even go as far as to call it tangerine.(LOL)As far as reds i was leaving room for growth. I have complete faith that red will be established in the years to come. I have even heard of someone working on a blue project. So it would suck to have to go threw this again.

Old 01-08-2006, 09:54 PM   #78
WindyO
Well i think that if most of the breeders started to use a system like this. (I know it will never happen.) That it would set the market. People who buy from you would learn the terminology. Along with people on the forums because everyone talks and posts their pics. So it would trickle down over time to basic Leo books like The Leopard Gecko Manual. I agree there will always be people who mislabel or deceive but their would be a standard to check against. Instead of a he said she said situation.

Old 01-08-2006, 10:48 PM   #79
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyO
I like the thought just not the price for your registry. I can't afford to pay you to record all of my breeders. Maybe the big breeders can but your prices are a little steep. Also the descriptions are vague and leave to much room for interpretation.
Really? That's interesting because registering any gecko hatched in 2004 or before is free. Meaning I'm paying for the high quality certificates; I'm paying for mailing; I'm paying for the new database programming; I'm paying for the web hosting.

We are also considering changing the free registries to include 2005 since the database will only be in its testing phase by the 1st week of February.

And steep? ACR (American Cornsnake Registry - http://www.herpregistry.com/acr/Fees.php) has the exact same fees but I offer a higher quality certificate with more options. No offense to the ACR, I greatly appreciate Serp and Hurley paving the road!

Compare it to the AKC (American Kennel Club) registeration prices of $15 per puppy when you can register 5 geckos with Greyscale certificates for that price.

BTW, link to new certificates -
http://www.leopardgeckoregistry.com/certificates.html

Old 01-08-2006, 11:15 PM   #80
PaulSage
Quote:
Paul please look at one of my earlier posts. I am sorry if this sounds rude or lazy but i don't think i could explain anything again. I am completely drained.
I read your earlier posts. I read the other thread too. The only evidence of a cut throat remark belongs to you:
Quote:
Hate to break it to you but thats not a tangerine tornado. I don't think it is even a carrot tail. They are uasually at least 15%. None the less it's a very nice SHT.
Anyway check out my breeder page and you will see a TT next to a couple of excellent SHTCT's. It will be obvious which ones are which. My SHTCTB's have an orange hue which looks nonexistent next to him.For future reference you might want to look into the morph type you are working with before you mislead someone with a false statement.
You said:
Quote:
The best way to find out how people feel is to get them mad or passionate about something.
...but I disagree. Making people mad by insulting someone's geckos and correcting terminology that is already subjective is how you'll "find out how people feel" about hostility. If you're looking for advice on what constitutes a certain gecko morph, there's no need to bring "cut throat" into it--unless of course you just did it for attention, and if that's the case you might want to consider whether that attention you're getting is positive or negative.

That's just my spin on it.
Quote:
Calm down everyone.This is just a thread.
I'll try.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!