Biodome/scorpian/leo/ plus extras - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-23-2006, 09:50 PM   #31
dragonflyreptiles
Troll or not....

Its a sad day when someone cannot come here for real advise from really knowledgable keepers and breeders with real issues and not be attacked for their own stupidity and pure mistakes.

Not everything everyone tells someone is correct. This person has been misled at the least and the best of the best here could help him with a little time and effort.

A good dose of proper care info would go a heck of a lot further than a dose of slapping, well to me it would!

Old 01-23-2006, 09:55 PM   #32
BalloonzForU
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeosForLess
There was sombody in the chat named MandyBunBun, perefalcon and Balloonz kno who im talking about.
I remember that person....LOL

Old 01-23-2006, 10:00 PM   #33
Sarah H
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyreptiles
Troll or not....

Its a sad day when someone cannot come here for real advise from really knowledgable keepers and breeders with real issues and not be attacked for their own stupidity and pure mistakes.

Not everything everyone tells someone is correct. This person has been misled at the least and the best of the best here could help him with a little time and effort.

A good dose of proper care info would go a heck of a lot further than a dose of slapping, well to me it would!

Very true, I do think there is acually good info in this thread too, just could have been said more nicely.
I just think after reading the two other threads that it is made up just to get people mad, they don't add up at all. Earlier he just brought home a leo and a fat tail. I don't think the biosphere evolved in a few hours,lol

Old 01-23-2006, 10:08 PM   #34
Mercedez
Those geckos I was talking about are fo rmy 10 gallon I had in the garage from when I got some anoles and they died. I just like to have animals and i want my biodome to work. Sorry for making you people mad I just want to get my extra credit and then I will give away or move the animals somewhere else.

Old 01-23-2006, 10:10 PM   #35
BalloonzForU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercedez
I just want to get my extra credit and then I will give away or move the animals somewhere else.

That sounds a little selfish IMO!

Old 01-23-2006, 10:16 PM   #36
StinaUIUC
A 10 gallon is too small for 2 geckos... And like we've said....your biodome WILL NOT work... It is incredibly selfish to want to put these animals lives in danger just so that you can get some extra credit....not to mention cruel. Your parents could potentially recieve legal action against them for what you are doing with these poor animals.

Old 01-23-2006, 10:16 PM   #37
LeosForLess
Im sure you can probably get your EC in another way, i dont think you need a 90 gallon tank. Talk to your teacher about it.

Old 01-23-2006, 10:17 PM   #38
ShannanD25
Mike,
what you are doing is very close to animal cruelty....would you put a sheep in a small cage with a hungry wolfe and think they would make nice? Being younger you may not realize what you are doing is so beyond wrong.....I did the same thing as a kid, I'd wag home salamanders and bugs and all sorts of critters and put them together and wonder why they never lived. Then, we didn't have the internet...And probably had someone told me the error of my ways I would have thought the same....but now you can research it and see that you are sentencing these poor animals to death for extra credit from a stupid teacher....Why not tell your teacher about the habitat you built, then tell him about the proper care for each species (you can get enough from these threads for a great report) and why you can NOT house them together like he thinks you can. You may wind up with more extra credit by proving why he is mistaken....you get the grade and your animals get to live....can you imagine how petrified those Leos are of being eaten by the snake? It is wrong what you are doing.

Old 01-23-2006, 10:20 PM   #39
saltwaterreptiles
its been covered quite thoroughly by others here, particularly the excellent post by BYRANDOM, so I won't go into why this is simply a stupid idea.... I'll simply shake my head and wonder at how ummmmm different...... people can be

Old 01-23-2006, 10:34 PM   #40
BalloonzForU
In case this in some kind of sick joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercedez
I just finished my 90 gallon rivertank habitat "biodome" It houses my pet iguana, two firebelly newts, 3 leo geckos, two green anoles, 1 king scorpian, and my red tailed boa. Im growing plants from my garden and hope to put some exotic plants like venus fly traps in there soon. The right side contains a small homemade waterfall made of pvc pipes and it dumps into 6-7 inches waterhole which will house my future painted turtles. I at first didnt think that this would work but all the animals seem to be getting along just fine this week. My earth science teacher told me that it will earn me some extra credit.( boy did i need it) im trying to get my dad to let me borrow his digital so stay tuned for some pics coming soon.

P.S- Does anyone know of a good automatic watering system. im trying to make this thing a completely a self controlling and cleaning ecosystem...
thanks

I'd think you would get extra credit if you told your teach it couldn't work! Give all examples you've been given here by experts! And do some more research and tell the teacher he's wrong.

I'd love to have the name of this teacher and the school he teaches at!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!