Cross breeding a Naja Naja with Naja Kaouthia - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
cobrajake
Cross breeding a Naja Naja with Naja Kaouthia

So, can it be done? I think they are close enough for it to work. Anyone know about that or have pictures? I have gogled my arse off trying to find something about this hybrid and came up with nothing. P.S. that cobra in th epic is venomoid. I took the pic after the charmer let it bite him in front of me. I fell in love with Indian cobras that day. I could never own a ball python again. haha
Even my rattlesnake is bland next to an Indian cobra. California sucks with its restrictions.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
cobrajake
...oh, it was in India.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #3
CnsrvtnBoy
Tsk tsk.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:52 PM   #4
cobrajake
Aaaand what are you tsk tsk-ing about mister?
First, I didn't hurt the snake in any way.
Second, I don't actually endorse the venomoid thing anyways unless it is for educational purposes.
I think it would be a better way to start out learning about a species like a cobra than starting out with a hot one. It leaves a little room for error.
So, if the snake is already venomoid, I would rather it be with me. I would dote on that thing and ensure it's life was better than mine even though it would want to kill me every chance it got.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #5
Gary O
Making Hybrid hots is a very very very dangerous thing. You are taking the venoms also and mixing them. You do not know what you have. Well you do and you don't.

Venomoids are another issue. IMO they do not have room in the hobby at all. They are the unloaded gun of the hot world..

Old 05-10-2009, 10:11 AM   #6
cobrajake
Damn you Gary! Why can't you be on my side just one time? C'mon, just fake it.
Look, the fact is, venomoids exist and I don't feel like death on my first attempt at tailing.
Now, I am talking to the guys at venomoid.com and they are going to take care of it for me.
That pesky habit of venomoids regrowing their venom glands only happens with improper surgery. Lucky me, the guys at venomoid.com are pros at it. I am fine with the air-soft version of a .45 cal hand gun.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:16 AM   #7
Gary O
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrajake View Post
Look, the fact is, venomoids exist and I don't feel like death on my first attempt at tailing.
Now, I am talking to the guys at venomoid.com and they are going to take care of it for me.
That pesky habit of venomoids regrowing their venom glands only happens with improper surgery. Lucky me, the guys at venomoid.com are pros at it. I am fine with the air-soft version of a .45 cal hand gun.
Doctors make mistakes everyday. Are you saying a Vet is perfect every time?

Drugs are around does it make it right?

A venomoid is not a good way to train. I would love to know if venomoid inc will send a cobra to a person in Cal that does not have permits.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #8
Gary O
Quote:
And it is not about being on anyones side. I own venomous snakes. I know if I handle them properly and not freehandle I havemore of a chance in dieing dricing my car.

I see you going the wrong way in the hobby already. Wanting venomoids and then wanting to cross species. I ask you WHY. WHY would you want too.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:57 PM   #9
CnsrvtnBoy
Quote:
Aaaand what are you tsk tsk-ing about mister?
First, I didn't hurt the snake in any way.
Second, I don't actually endorse the venomoid thing anyways unless it is for educational purposes.
I think it would be a better way to start out learning about a species like a cobra than starting out with a hot one. It leaves a little room for error.
So, if the snake is already venomoid, I would rather it be with me. I would dote on that thing and ensure it's life was better than mine even though it would want to kill me every chance it got.
Alright, there's no nice way to put this, but do you really lack common sense? I was talking about crossing two different species. Now if you want me to spend my time to go further in detail as to how you are doing something that's so incredibly inhumane, worthless, and ultimately pointless, then hit me a reply.

Old 12-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #10
derewgosnow
Don't do that. As previously mentioned by other members, the venom comp, is a major consideration alone.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!