Goofy weather..... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 01-02-2022, 12:56 PM   #1
WebSlave
Goofy weather.....

We reached a high of 81.9 degrees already today. Then for tomorrow the high is predicted to only reach 54 degrees.

Been nice having Spring weather in December around here lately.

Old 01-02-2022, 02:40 PM   #2
bcr229
Today's high is supposed to be 60*F.

Snow tomorrow. Probably won't stick, the ground is too warm.

Old 01-02-2022, 04:41 PM   #3
Socratic Monologue
High 13F, low -4F here today. Normal.

Old 01-03-2022, 12:31 PM   #4
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
High 13F, low -4F here today. Normal.
Normal??

I would probably freeze solid at those temps. What they say about blood thinning when living in warmer climates must be true, because when Connie and I first bought this property in Florida (we were living in Maryland at the time), we would camp out here in the fall months and felt reasonably comfortable with those 40 and 50 degree nights in the tent. Now, heck, if the temps drop below 60 degrees, I bundle up like some eskimo. Below 70 degrees I am wearing long pants and a jacket.

It is 45.9 degrees outside right now, and I'm not sure I will be going outside at all today.

Old 01-03-2022, 01:45 PM   #5
WebSlave
Yesterday (Sunday) the high temp was 81.4 degrees. Today it might not make it to 50 degrees. Temp got up to 49.6 degrees and is dropping. We will have to cover Connie's pineapple plants tonight as they are calling for possible frost with a low around 34 degrees. Hope the wind dies down, otherwise going to be tough keeping those tarps in place over the plants.

Old 01-03-2022, 03:45 PM   #6
Socratic Monologue
I can understand that when you get frost in Florida, that's bad news. Here, anyway, frost is more of an issue on calm nights, as cold air settles into low spots (in winter the temp readout in the car can vary by as much as 5 degrees as you drive up and down little hills when the air is very still), so if you can keep the tarp down a little breeze might help.

But yeah, it gets cold here. A couple years ago we measured the lowest temp I've seen in my life, -30F. (The local record is -43F.) Every couple years we'll get a stretch of a couple days where the high doesn't get above zero.

Interestingly, the record high in your area is 105F (Tallahassee, on 6/15/11), and ours is 114F (Wisconsin Dells, 7/13/36).

Old 01-05-2022, 03:44 PM   #7
JColt
People at work used to call me crazy because I would be outside with light wind breaker on in 20 degree weather. Since I've been on high blood pressure meds I can't do that anymore. I get cold easy now.

Old 01-05-2022, 09:15 PM   #8
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
People at work used to call me crazy because I would be outside with light wind breaker on in 20 degree weather. Since I've been on high blood pressure meds I can't do that anymore. I get cold easy now.
That's interesting because this is my husband's first winter on high BP meds and he is constantly complaining that he's cold, even though up until this first cold snap we've had a really mild fall & early winter. In past years we've had snow on the ground for Halloween, but not this year, it was nice through Thanksgiving.

Now I know why he's stealing my blankets every night.

Old 01-06-2022, 12:51 AM   #9
WebSlave
Lordy.... I hope I never have to take blood pressure medication. I would probably never be able to go outside in the Winter months any longer. Might have to move a LOT closer to the equator, too.

Old 01-08-2022, 09:35 AM   #10
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
That's interesting because this is my husband's first winter on high BP meds and he is constantly complaining that he's cold, even though up until this first cold snap we've had a really mild fall & early winter. In past years we've had snow on the ground for Halloween, but not this year, it was nice through Thanksgiving.

Now I know why he's stealing my blankets every night.
It was about 12 degrees out yesterday morning. We had snow and it was real dry and powdery so I took battery leaf blower to get rid of snow on sidewalks and front pad. I was out maybe 15 min's and thought I'd die. BP meds make heart work less and your hands and feet get cold really easy.

15 out now but supposed to get near 40 today. Man its gonna be a long winter....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!