ISO Fire Bellied Newt - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Amphibians

Notices

Old 12-14-2021, 10:09 AM   #1
blau_ozean
ISO Fire Bellied Newt

Hi everyone,

My son and I are searching for a fire bellied newt. I had one growing up and they were a lot easier to find then.

Any help would be appreciated!
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-08-2022, 01:15 AM   #2
therealalleygator
im in the same page , i cant find these at all. i think they may be illegal or something now but not sure. if you find any let me know please

Old 01-08-2022, 10:03 AM   #3
Socratic Monologue
They're not illegal to own (federally, anyway; some states/municipalities might restrict them). They, like all newts and salamanders, are prohibited from importation into the US to prevent the introduction of the Bsal fungus -- a very forward-thinking and laudable law.

So, any you find will be CB and since the trade depended mostly on WC imports in the past, there aren't many being bred. Yet another reason to only buy CB herps to promote breeding so we don't have to rely on imports that may dry up with little warning.

Old 01-12-2022, 05:37 PM   #4
finchop4
One of the few breeders of Blue -tailed firebellly newts (Cynops cyanurus) is Jason of Amphibios Labs https://amphibioslabs.com/ I purchased a group of 8 in June. They arrived healthy, active and with big appetites. Good luck!
Steve H.

Old 01-16-2022, 03:49 PM   #5
JaimeLannister
Triton Newts

https://tritonnewts.com

Old 01-16-2022, 04:47 PM   #6
blau_ozean
I messaged them on Facebook prior to posting this & their response was: we have a long list & aren’t adding anyone. Sorry. ����♀️
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-16-2022, 05:25 PM   #7
JaimeLannister
Terribly sorry, but the wait lists I had going was for Chinese firebelly and Japanese firebelly newts. We have some Cyan Bluetail firebelly newts becoming available.

Old 01-16-2022, 05:44 PM   #8
blau_ozean
Thank you; we are looking for Fire bellied newts with the red bellied, I believe the Chinese ones.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!