Unexpected surprise! Hets proving that I didn't know I had! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-03-2014, 08:07 PM   #1
snowgyre
Unexpected surprise! Hets proving that I didn't know I had!

I've got this clutch hatching out right now from a fire yellowbelly x cinnamon. I'm guessing both adults were het for orange ghost?! One of these sure looks like an orange hypo to me, and it looks like I might have actually gotten a fire yellowbelly cinnamon orange ghost?! This is pretty wild! Any thoughts? There are still three eggs left in the clutch too, this is exciting!
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2014, 03:14 AM   #2
axeman
Nice. Looks OG to me as well.

Old 10-04-2014, 05:51 AM   #3
chrisis697
Definetly some og goin on in there. Very cool lil surprise!! Good luck with the other 3 also!

Old 10-04-2014, 06:18 AM   #4
Pasodama
I agree with Don and Chris. Looks like OG going on there.
Surprise hets can sure be fun.
Those are some beautiful babies! Congrats!
Be sure to post pics, of the other three, after they leave their eggs.
BTW What does the belly look like on the OG baby? I ask because it looks like it could be a OG Yellow Belly.

Old 10-04-2014, 08:41 AM   #5
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
I might have actually gotten a fire yellowbelly cinnamon orange ghost?!
If you did get the 4 gene combo, I think you have a worlds first. Wow! fun times over there for you, congrats!

Old 10-05-2014, 06:19 PM   #6
snowgyre
They're all finally out! I honestly can't believe my luck. Didn't even know the parents were het for orange ghost and I SLAMMED the recessive! Five out of six eggs were orange ghost! Here's what I think I ended up with, starting at the top, going clockwise, and ending in the middle:

Orange ghost
fire yellowbelly cinnamon orange ghost
fire yellowbelly cinnamon
fire orange ghost
fire orange ghost
(fire?) yellowbelly orange ghost

Did some preliminary sexing and I think I only ended up with two girls. I'll wait until they shed and then try to pop them again. I'm pretty sure I'll be keeping the fire yellowbelly cinnamon orange ghost regardless of its gender, but I'm pretty sure the fire yellowbelly cinnamon is male, so I'll probably be letting him and any other males I get go. I'll keep everyone who PMed me in the loop!
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2014, 11:53 PM   #7
Pasodama
Great clutch!
Yes, you sure did hit wonderfully on that roulette wheel of chance. Can imagine your excitement!
Congrats, again.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:10 AM   #8
Mooing Tricycle
Aw thats really cool! Congratulations!

Old 04-20-2015, 09:34 PM   #9
snowgyre
I wanted to give you all an update! The first photo in this thread contains the same animals in this photo. The fire orange ghosts and the orange ghost have been sold already, so I don't have newer photos of them.

I have concluded that what I ended up with is truly a fire yellowbelly cinnamon orange ghost, a fire yellowbelly cinnamon 66% het orange ghost, and a yellowbelly orange ghost. The purples on the FYB cinnie orange ghost are just amazing. I love all three of these males!
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2015, 07:43 AM   #10
TheFragginDragon
Doesn't get much cooler than that, congrats Vanessa!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!