My first carpet - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #1
phoenix-cry
My first carpet

I was buying some caging off a local guy who was getting out of the snake breeding hobby. After some back and forth email chatting he offered me his last remaining snake as part of the caging deal. I wasn't a 100% sold on the idea since I have no interest in starting a new breeding project it would need to be a display animal.

Well once I saw her I realize that she was an amazing display animal!

I was told she is a 25% diamond hypo type jungle

I assume by 'hypo type' that means she looks hypo but is not proven to be such? Sorry for the newbie question.

I know the basics about carpet pythons, size, care, all that, however I have no idea what she's 'worth' dollar wise the same way I know what my ball pythons are worth. I have no interest in selling her, but does anyone have a price range on a female like this?

She has a *great* temperament!

Time for eye candy! She is so sleek compared to my ball pythons (of course most things are)!

Old 02-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #2
Jeanbag
Hey Lauren,

First off, congrats on your carpet!!

Did the gentleman you purchased that carpet from have the last name Miller? If so, I believe your snake was produced by JSA reptiles in Anoka MN. I have her sister, also one of their hypo females.

When JSA talks about their 'hypo' babies, it sounds like they are referring to the babies from the clutch that hatched red instead of black. I talked with them a little bit at a show and they had the 'hypo' babies for sale at the $300 price range, while the ones that hatched black were ... I can't totally remember but I'll say $100.

As she grows, I have no idea what she will be worth. But based on that Craigslist ad I saw, versus what I paid at the show, I'd say you made out like a bandit on your girl! Nice catch.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:56 PM   #3
phoenix-cry
Yup! Mike! And he did say she was produced by JSA. I'd love to see her sister. I know I got a killer deal! I was just curious what they tend to run. I'm currently at work building her a new set up.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
Infirmary
Thanks Jeanie! Would love to see an updated pic of your girl!

Lauren, please stop by our FB page and take a look at the pics of her clutch mates. While you are there, we would be happy to answer any questions you may have and congrats on your new addition!

Thanks
JSA Reptiles

Here is a pic of one of her sisters.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #5
phoenix-cry
Ah! Her sister is just as beautiful as she is! She is doing great. She slurps down f/t mice. Very hand tame. A real gem!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!