Show Promoters...let's help Fauna! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #1
GottaLuvHerps
Show Promoters...let's help Fauna!

As some may know, Rich has posted up some information on the site about the possible downfall of Fauna/the BOI if things do not change here (see the feedback thread called "Damn" he started). There are not a lot of options on how to "fix" things, but my personal opinion is that we need to drive traffic to the site, as that will end up building up advertising revenue that Rich can use to keep this site going.

So I am asking any show promoters to ban together and get some advertising out there for Rich and this site. For a very nominal fee (usually around $50 average), you can get 1000 fliers printed up, stick them on a table or put them in our bags we hand out to people, and maybe drive some traffic here. We will be putting out 1000 at each show we have next year, which will get 5000 out to people. If a few of us did that, imagine how many people will hear about Fauna that might not ever have before.

All we need from Rich is a design of some sort...I know there is a color design out thereon the feedback forum, maybe we can get one in B&W...I will check with Steph.

So, who's in?

Kelly Kordek

Old 10-15-2008, 06:00 PM   #2
xanaxez
i dont sell or go to shows hardly but if you guys come up with a design and what you want it to say i can have some done for myself and put them in places around my area and also do alot of postings on craigslist and stuff to help out since i have never once seen a fauna advertisement on any of the areas of craigslist i check and i am also on a few forums that doesnt have any type of fauna ad or anyone posting people can go there to buy or check the boi on people. like i said i have been to 2 shows my entire life but i will do what ever i can to help out.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:31 PM   #3
LakesideBoas
Well, I may as well let the kitten out of the bag.

Within the next year I am trying to get a store front up. Just a small outfit with a few critters and LOTS of feeders and supplies. It is terrible trying to find live feeders here. I order online a lot, but if I am having problems then so is everyone else. I'm already renting the building, but it really needs work on the inside to get it funtional for my purpose. Hopefully I fill a nitch.

I plan on printing fliers to put up at my store and placing one with every purchase. I may even blow up Stephanie's wonderful color one to print on my poster size printer and stick it in the window.

I'm just going to desaturate it in Photoshop to make it B/W. I'll probably print the color one's though, they are eye-grabbing!

Old 10-15-2008, 11:25 PM   #4
Tim Cole
Talking

I do three expos a year and have already said on the other thread that I will be happy to put them out. Let me know when the blk/wht flyers are available.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:09 AM   #5
WebSlave
Thanks guys........

My intention is to take the .pdf file to my local printer and get something like 5,000 of them printed up in color. Also will pick up some mailing boxes as well. Might not be right away, though....... I can then send a batch of them to whoever wants them. If enough people want them, I may get 10,000 made up. The second 5K costs a fraction of what the first 5K costs.

I really appreciate the help, but I can't see anyone else forking out money for what should be my responsibility. I would just be happy to have them distributed.

Thank you.

Oh, btw, if anyone wants the .pdf file of the color flier, here it is -> http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/flier/fc_flier.pdf. Bear in mind that it is a 92.5 MEGABYTE file, so don't click on that link if you are using dial-up for your internet service. You will be waiting a VERY long time for it to complete.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:18 AM   #6
Dennis Hultman
Count me in on that Rich.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:25 AM   #7
xanaxez
count me in on that also. ill do what ever i can to help out. im also talking ot a guy building cages that i dont think comes on here but i will see and see if he wants to be a sponsor of some sort or something. he may just to get his cages out on the market lol. im buying a 4ft and 2 2ft'ers from him for 300 and they are nice plastic cages. seems cheap to me compared at others one i have been looking at so with them prices it might be in his good interest to come aboard.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:26 AM   #8
hhmoore
I won't be doing any more shows til next spring/summer; but I can send them out with critters, and will happily put them on my tables when I start again.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:52 AM   #9
KathyLove
Rich,

I vend at all of the NARBC shows as well as several others. I would prefer to put out fliers for CS, since corns are what I breed, and CS is really where I spend most of my online time. And I am always sending newbie customers over there anyway. From CS, they can easily get over to Fauna if they are interested in more than corns.

Anyway, if you want to make up some CS fliers, I would be happy to put them on my table at the Chantilly show, or any others I go to. If they were half page size, they would fit better on my table than full page size.

Let me know.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:58 AM   #10
Tim Cole
Here's the display I will use.

Send me some black and whites Rich!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!